AS UM Forum Compilation

well, if people are gonna vote on what songs will make the final cut of the comp for each volume, wouldn't matter if someone submitted a 25 minute song ... it would have to get a majority vote from everyone anyway

disclaimer: I have never written a 25 minute song, nor do I intend to so this statement in no way benefits me or any participation I may endeavor to pursue in regards to this project

well, if people are gonna vote on what songs will make the final cut of the comp for each volume, wouldn't matter if someone submitted a 25 minute song ... it would have to get a majority vote from everyone anyway

Voting? I didn't have that in mind, but it can be another possibility.
So we can do it 2 ways, all songs are included in different Vols, or including only the songs voted.

Up to you boys and girls.

Voting? I didn't have that in mind, but it can be another possibility.
So we can do it 2 ways, all songs are included in different Vols, or including only the songs voted.

Up to you boys and girls.

sorry, I misread this:
how about 1 compilation per vague genre each one managed by one person who particularly loves the genre (i.e. gareth for sludge/doom/drone), and then a double disk "best of" covering the whole spectrum as voted for by all forum members?

thats where I got the voting thing from :p

I registered, but I think it would be a mess having 2 forums. IMO we should keep it doing here. We only will have this thread and another Official thread soon.

BTW jason, you are bloody fast creating an Forum!

I am just trying to respect the other members of the forum by not having this thing sit at the top of the Andy Sneap forum for days while we iron details out. Up to you guys though....

I think the forum idea for the other site is a good way to have people submit and vote for what goes on in the compilation though.

I´m not sure about the additional forum, cause the idea is to have bands from Sneap member forums, if this is on a different place people will start jumping and before we know it we´ll have like 300 submissions. Still, I registered to it, if everybody else prefers to go to that place, then I´m with the masses.

So, I´m gonna vote for Skeksi´s idea about the genre differentiated volumes with different "managers" each, and then the best-of with the most voted songs. Anyone else into this?