Ascending to the meek.... Fuck round the liars in awe! [Opeth Mistranslations]

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
You guys ever listen to The Funeral Portrait, and it gets to that one part where he says FLOCK and it echos (FLOCK Flock flock)...?

But it sounds like he says Fuck! Or Fock atleast..

My mom and I were listening to it and it was like "ascending to the meek" short pause "FUCK FUCK FUCK" round the liars in awe! And she was like AHH and I was like haha..

And there's that song on Morningrise, I think it's Advent... where he goes "I will drape my face with my bear hands" but it sounds like he says "I will break my face with my bear hands!"

I always thought these mis-translations were funny. I also thought on The Moor, where he says "The hands of God decrepit and thin" I always thought he said "And I forgot to prep it up then" until I read the lyrics..

And I forgot to prep it up then,
cold caress and then nothing. :tickled:

Listen for yourself! :p He also says Croid instead of crowd.. hehe.. :worship:
All HAIL OPETH!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Well in every opeth song that has the word "FAITH'' mike clearly pronounces it "fate"

and what's up with the shit on April Ethereal I would outrun the "SKYthe" heh, kinda funna couse i that he was saying something about the sky at first, til i read the lyrics

And that part "runs over the land-en"

Landen! :D

AND LOL at the end of MAYH he says The castles something something, BIGGER ON THE BENCH! LOL! =D And it echos. Bench bench bench bench bench bench bench bench.

I always thought that part in The Funeral Portrait that you're talking about was "FOCK! Round the racing horse!"

LMFAO!! I forgot all about the deadly badgers...

There is emo inside
This test i ever see
kept back by the enigma, no criteria is demanded here (you'd have to be a moron to mess up on that line)
deadly badgers made my wreath
phosphorus in your way
play a ghost in the corner
only the caress on "joo" shoulderrrrrrrr *advanced riffage*

The part on the Moor where the whammy ends and he's coming back in sounds like, "oowwww, yeah once and I went to the potty".

In The Night & Silent Water the "cloak of autumn shroud...." part first sounded to me like "well come on and chow, I guess that we could share a slice.." :)

First, Oinkness's mom rules.
Second, to this day I keep hearing "its me who's tomato" on fucking Harvest. And "homey don't play" in the first line in Deliverance.

Hahahahaha..... I wonder if mike DOES think about this stuff. I bet he does it on purpose, like the retard laugh he does on the Deliverance CD, I'm not sure which song but its like a "er-her" kind of growl and it's funny... WAIT!! LISTEN TO MASTER'S APPRENTICES AT 2:00... LOL! THATS IT!!! THE RETARD LAUGH / GROWL! Check it out!

Opeth is the best band ever.. :D

This is a repeat of a thread in the past, pretty funny (but not this one)...

One I remember is from Windowpane: "Santa's waving a goodbye" instead of "his hand is waving a goodbye"