asgeir

Oh shit nevermind then :lol: I didn't know that. And hm, well if you do happen to hear something please let us know because lol, their website was last updated 2005 so :p

The updates go to the myspace page now. It's my most anticipated album of the year next to Borky but we have a long time to wait for it still. I think he said Autumn. :cry:

And the fanboys come out to play :p
I hope he sounds good on the album, I really loved Kvohst's voice and I find it hard to picture anyone else replacing him.
I asked Dan about any news but he didn't seem to know, which is understandable considering he only did one live gig for them. *sigh*

Also guys, it says on MA:
"Asgeir Mickelson was NOT a member of the band, he was temporarily announced as a session drummer for recording the band's (as yet unreleased) second album but due to other commitments he was replaced with Adrian Erlandsson."

Hey Asgeir how did Colossus come about? Did Oystein say in advance ok Simen you get to write a song? Or did Simen present it to him? Did Simen ask you to write lyrics for it or did you already write them? Who was the one that wanted the music video to be for it?

Hey Asgeir how did Colossus come about? Did Oystein say in advance ok Simen you get to write a song? Or did Simen present it to him? Did Simen ask you to write lyrics for it or did you already write them? Who was the one that wanted the music video to be for it?

Simen said he had two songs so we learned Colossus (never heard the other one) and it got on the album. I don't remember why I ended up writing lyrics for it... Don't know why we chose the songs for the Metropol TV session either... Lars - do you remember?

Does it annoy you that people mostly only ever ask questions about Colossus? Do you agree with people when they say it's the best song you've ever written lyrics for?

Haven't been annoyed yet. Haven't written many lyrics either... I think it's strange that people don't ask questions about the other Borknagar songs though.
That's for saying, if I were you I think I'd be near my limit by now. :lol:

So, did anyone understand what this one is about?

The Human Nature

As a slave to differential rotation,
you cannot escape before eons have passed
As a servant to progression's motivation,
you won't leave until the future is the past

As a product of what we call inventions,
we cannot run before we can walk
As a victim of a myriad of intentions,
we must learn to think before we talk

Swept in the circles of endless repetition
Trapped in orbit around microscopic riddles

The answer's echo eliminates the question
Our unnatural nature keeps rotating between two cradles

That's for saying, if I were you I think I'd be near my limit by now. :lol:

I was thinking that too, I'm probably annoying Asgeir with so many questions. But then I thought oh well, tomorrow the Borky forum will probably die for a few days again.

The Human Nature was the second best song on Origin. I didn't know you wrote those lyrics too.

My guess would be the predictability of people, no matter the age the simplistics are all the same.

My first Borknagar song was Vintervredets Sjelesajn.. but until now I don't know what is Garm saying =(

When Asgeir explained the 'Colossus' meaning, I though on 'The View of Everlast'... that song resumes very well the actual Borknagar lyric direction, it's the same with Inherit The Earth and The Wonder... what do you think about?