asgeir

I didn't know you wrote those lyrics too.

Me either, and this is precisely why I simply LOVE Borknagar's lyrics. As a writer, and someone who enjoys reading poetry, I simply relish the chance to sit down and play one of their albums while reading the lyrics. It's like combining two of my favourite things, music and literature. I've always said to my friends, Borknagar's lyrics would make brilliant poems.

And Asgeir, I could break it down line-by-line write pages to what each line in the song could mean, in my own words/thoughts. Lyrics are up to everyone's own interpretation after all. I am interested to know what you had in mind while writing it. Asgeir, you are a great writer and I don't know much about you but if you haven't written some stuff on the side to be published then you're wasting your talent!! And if you have then, please share. It's really beautiful stuff.

I was going to ask about that song actually, I had it stuck in my head all day. I just thought it was a case of it meaning exactly what it says, rather than having too much of a deeper meaning. But then again I always hated trying to interpret lyrics/poems trying to find some sort of deeper meaning, as I always felt there never usually is one.

I think the title's self-explanatory, right? I'm guessing it's about the human nature, and how it's passed down from person to person so it's an endless process. Or something.

:lol: The song can mean anything to anyone, whatever they take away from the words is what it means to them. A writer has a certain idea in mind when writing a piece in which he draws his inspiration from but part of the fun of writing, for me anyways, in seeing what others think and how they interpret it (and also seeing how close they come to your original idea or how far out the stuff they come up with is :p).

And Asgeir, I could break it down line-by-line write pages to what each line in the song could mean, in my own words/thoughts. Lyrics are up to everyone's own interpretation after all. I am interested to know what you had in mind while writing it. Asgeir, you are a great writer and I don't know much about you but if you haven't written some stuff on the side to be published then you're wasting your talent!! And if you have then, please share. It's really beautiful stuff.

My lyrics are never "up to everyone's interpretation" - they are always ABOUT something. I'm a slow writer so I'll never be able to write anything else than a lyric now and then. However, I have an idea for a book for children which I think is brilliant so I might try writing that someday.

Ok another shot at this :

Possible that peoples lives, who they are, and what they believe are subject to the things that have happened before their life time, and that this choice is impossible to change.
I'm kinda reaching here, but in the second paragraph maybe you're talking about how people grow, get new ideas, intentions, desires etc.
But even at that, it doesn't mean we understand their effect so people have to be careful of what they say or do.

The last two lines line make me think the two cradles are science and religion

My lyrics are never "up to everyone's interpretation" - they are always ABOUT something. I'm a slow writer so I'll never be able to write anything else than a lyric now and then. However, I have an idea for a book for children which I think is brilliant so I might try writing that someday.

Ooooh, you'll need an illustrator ;D

However, I have an idea for a book for children which I think is brilliant so I might try writing that someday.
Well it be so great you'll have to destroy it in a drunky craze, in fear of all the frame it could bring? You can call Lars Manny too, he'll love it.

I think the title's self-explanatory, right? I'm guessing it's about the human nature, and how it's passed down from person to person so it's an endless process. Or something.

Well, it IS about the human nature, but that can be a lot of things - and not the one you mentioned.

Hehe, this guessing "contest" is amusing. I'll pick another song when someone's deciphered this one.

Is it about how uh...you have no choice but to be the way you are? You have to be a certain way by the laws of nature and theres nothing you can do about it? I'm probably way off.

And do certain things*

Fair enough :lol: but whether you like it or not some people will read your lyrics and think it means one thing, and some will read it and think another :p And I never doubted it's about something :p It's pretty damned hard to write in such a powerful, omniscient tone and just be pulling it all from your ass :loco:

And :lol: regarding the children's book, do it, totally. If you have a good idea, I think that your writing skills you could end up making a good book and in turn a nice chunk of change on the side. Children are the biggest market for anything. :lol: Although I think your talents would be a little wasted on a kid's book!

SEE SPOT RUN!

Ok another shot at this :

Possible that peoples lives, who they are, and what they believe are subject to the things that have happened before their life time, and that this choice is impossible to change.
I'm kinda reaching here, but in the second paragraph maybe you're talking about how people grow, get new ideas, intentions, desires etc.
But even at that, it doesn't mean we understand their effect so people have to be careful of what they say or do.

The last two lines line make me think the two cradles are science and religion

What you say about the second paragraph and the two last lines is, well... kind of close.