asgeir

Nope. When I think about it, you were so close the last time that I'll tell you what it's about. It's about how the human race's instinct to constantly progress and invent new things. If we invent one thing it opens doors to other inventions.

Does anyone here know what "differential rotation" is? (and now everyone heads over to Google...)

Yeah, I totally knew that.

I have to ask though, is this meant to be a more positive or negative feeling towards how humans progress? I always got this feeling it was a pretty bad thing but again I think it just proves that what I was thinking was wrong.

With sexy photos of asgeir
:cry:

Yeah, I totally knew that.

I have to ask though, is this meant to be a more positive or negative feeling towards how humans progress? I always got this feeling it was a pretty bad thing but again I think it just proves that what I was thinking was wrong.

The negative feeling you get from it is that I think we have to progress carefully ("Learn to think before we talk" and "cannot run before we can walk".) Humans have to KNOW what they create - if you know what I mean.

OK, a new "contest". What do you think this song is about? BTW - this lyric was written while in Abyss studio. Simen was recording vocals and when I got up one morning (as usual after everybody else...) I found a yellow sticker on my computer with "Asgeir! We need lyrics for one more song!". So, Genesis Torn was written in a hurry - something that I really don't like to do.

Genesis Torn

Temptation impales the vulnerable
Transforming the breed as it strains to erase
Cleansing the body and perfecting the bliss
Falling further into its enticing hypnosis

Absurd scenery of strength and endurance
The mundane endeavours for the perfect resistance
Evolution axis bent. Manipulation results
Contrast condemns and the answer insults

Genesis torn
Enigma solved
Utopia found
Euphoria born

Expanding origin stagnates at last
Bows down in unity when paradise is lost
Dirt grows in catharsis – raise of the inbred
Totality rejects the efforts of the misled

Genesis torn
Enigma solved
Utopia found
Euphoria born

Extinction embraces the crippled presence
Altered away from the salvaging renaissance

I'm not sure about the verses but the chorus says to me something about finding/erasing something within yourself/everyone to make a perfect world or society...

OK, a new "contest". What do you think this song is about? BTW - this lyric was written while in Abyss studio. Simen was recording vocals and when I got up one morning (as usual after everybody else...) I found a yellow sticker on my computer with "Asgeir! We need lyrics for one more song!". So, Genesis Torn was written in a hurry - something that I really don't like to do.

I have literally 5 mins so I'll address this part

"Genesis torn
Enigma solved
Utopia found
Euphoria born"

To me, it basically is saying if we get rid of the bible/the idea of where we come from (Genesis Torn), then the mystery of life is solved, there's no god, no devil, no heaven, no hell, just life, and we're here to make the best of it we're only responsible to ourselves... like saying, there's no omnipotent force, no grand mystery to the universe, we're just here and that's it] (Enigma Solved). Once you know that then you'll find happiness, and you'll be able to enjoy your life a lot more (Utopia found, Euphoria born).

I'm probably wrong but that's just what stood out to me :lol:

:lol: He wants us to guess his lyrical meanings! Not talk about how good the song is! NOW DANCE MONKIES DANCE!!

p.s. I'll be back later to give the rest of the song a shot, if only for his amusement :p

I'm really high but I'm gonna take a shot at it. Maybe if I win two in a row Asgeir would be willing to write lyrics on one song for me ehh Asgeir? :loco:

Edit-Yeah I have to agree with Heartless and say it's about the manipulation of religion.