asgeir

Btw, It's weird you feel that way about Empiricism because I think it's my favourite album cover.

Well, I think the others Asgeir have done are a bit better. I really like the art for Origin. It's awesome. And they're all a lot better than the s/t and The Archaic Course. The Olden Domain's cover is great though. In a different way than the more modern ones Asgeir made.

I really love the changes he made to the logo as well. Looks much better now.

Rivfadír;6959314 said:
Well, I think the others Asgeir have done are a bit better. I really like the art for Origin. It's awesome. And they're all a lot better than the s/t and The Archaic Course. The Olden Domain's cover is great though. In a different way than the more modern ones Asgeir made.

I really love the changes he made to the logo as well. Looks much better now.

I love the cover for Origin as well, I'm glad you said it. But I think personally Empiricism will always be my favourite :p But there's always the chance the new cd cover might impress me more.

It's a nice attempt, but unfortunately, completely wrong (despite Asgeir's confirmation below). You see, the truth is, that it's a damning indictment of the British school system, highlighting the failure of that system, and the fact that most Scandinavians now speak our own language better than the majority of those born here, for whom English is nominally their first language. That's what the song is really about...
Madness!

This is my favorite cover
michael-jackson-thriller.jpg

Hey Asgeir, when you talk to your band mates do you refer to eachother by your names or by your super cool Black Metal aliases? I believe it was on Lunaris' webpage that I saw your alternate names, Verdens Beste Trommis and Høvdingen. And then there's Vintersorg, and Lazare, and Tyr, and then poor Oystein has no super cool alternate name :(

Hey Asgeir, when you talk to your band mates do you refer to eachother by your names or by your super cool Black Metal aliases? I believe it was on Lunaris' webpage that I saw your alternate names, Verdens Beste Trommis and Høvdingen. And then there's Vintersorg, and Lazare, and Tyr, and then poor Oystein has no super cool alternate name :(

Hehe, "Verdens Beste Trommis" and "Høvdingen" are just jokes (they mean "World's best drummer" and "Indian chief"). I got a crappy viking name already so I don't need anything else to hide behind...

We use our real names of course.

hey Asgeir, you're also credited on Red Harvest's first album, Nomindsland from 1992. it says on the back of the cd: "Repro: Asgeir Mickelson". how did you contribute on that album, and if I may ask, what's your opinion of that band?

hey Asgeir, you're also credited on Red Harvest's first album, Nomindsland from 1992. it says on the back of the cd: "Repro: Asgeir Mickelson". how did you contribute on that album, and if I may ask, what's your opinion of that band?

I helped them design the cover. Meaning they got the ideas and I just put it together the way they wanted it. Back in those days you had to print out scanned pictures on films which you put together manually. Now it's all done on the computer.

I don't like their first album. Their best album is the one they recorded in my studio last year. I'm talking SONGS not SOUND. ...but of course, their best sounding album is the one from my studio, haha!

I picked out The Adversary from my bookshelf about a week ago and i´ve come to the conclusion that the drum production on there must be one of my all time favorite drum productions along with ..And Justice For All and Blessed Are The Sick,i really prefer tight drumsounds over big boom boom reverb-ones. To someone who has no clue about producing procedures: how much influence do you as a drummer have in stuff like this? Is it out of your hands or do you get something to say about your drumsound?