At this moment, Who is your favorite Drummer??

At this moment, Who is your favorite Drummer?

• Jason Rullo

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Mike Terrana

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Joe Nevolo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Portnoy

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Casey Grillo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anders Johansson

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Mark Zonder

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Other

Votes: 20 31.3%

• Total voters
Mark Zonder from Fates Warning! No doubt about it.

After him I would place Mike Portnoy or Jason Rullo.

Haven't heard so much Joe Nevolo(Shadow Gallery). I only own Shadow Gallery's Tyranny but it's really good album, one of my favourites.

Anders Johansson and Casey Grillo are a bit odd choice for this poll(if you ask me). Haven't heard so much Johansson-era Hammerfall but those few songs I've listened: nothing special. I downloaded a video of Kamelot's live performance(The Spell) and Casey seemed to be decent player live.

Haven't heard Mike Terrana's playing at all but I do know who he is(Rage, Yngwie Malmsteen, Tony MacAlpine, Axel Rudi Pell). So I really can't comment his abilities.

What bothers me is the absence of Neil Peart(Rush). Rush wasn't really ProgMetal but he's one the most respected drummers in the world.

Collapse Generation said:
Hey, who's the person who also voted for Zonder? :)

I did. He's awesome, isn't he? What's your favorite Zonder-era Fates Warning album? I dig Disconnected most(I don't own Parallels).

It's understandable that Rullo gets most votes(this is Symphony X board) but I think that most of them don't know even who the hell Mr. Zonder is. Well, it's their loss :)

Ok wait a sec. Here is what I have to say, as a drummer myself

Terry Bozzio = This is the man, this guy can make music out of the drums just by himself. "Imagination has no limits", and Terry B. is a perfect example. take a look at the "microcosmic orchestra" set or something like that (dont remember the name)

Mike Portnoy = Psst this dude can play any kind of music with prog. touches. This guys what is music, man he went to Berkley! besides this guy has a lot of modern drummer awards. Listen to both LTE albums and you´ll see

Jason Rullo = It seems that this guys is getting better and better. Shit Death of Balance is the shit!!. He is the perfect metal drummer.

Mike Terrana = Wow cool metal drummer, listen to Unity (the song) from Rage and you´ll what this guy can do with his set.

Neil Peart = Hey!! you can´t forget Neil. Not a metal drummer, but man this guy has a CLOCK IN HIS HEAD!!! for me is the best time keeper, besides he has some cool progressive touches.

Well this is my opinion, if you agree with me in at least in one thing, well then it´s great!! if you dont agree in at least one thing of what I said then you dont know a shit about drummers!!! hehehehhehe :heh:

Zonder is probably best on that list, but I can think of at least a dozen better drummers.

My vote is for Bobby Jarzombek, it was Sean Reinert for years, but Spastic Ink changed all that. I'm so excited to hear the new Spastic Ink stuff, I almost wet myself. Here's to hoping it gets finished soon.

Mike Portnoy is the best drummer ever, I like his style and his my favourite drummer for all time. I think Jason Rullo is a very good drummer, but Portnoy is the best.
Just think, if you add Mike Portnoy to Symphony X and Jason Rullo to Dream Theater, both band would not be the same....... I think Jason Rullo playes more difficult odd times, but anyway Portnoy has a faster tecnique and a very cool drumming, hiting on everything.
Anyway i miss Virgil Donati!!!

jimbobhickville said:
Zonder is probably best on that list, but I can think of at least a dozen better drummers.

My vote is for Bobby Jarzombek, it was Sean Reinert for years, but Spastic Ink changed all that. I'm so excited to hear the new Spastic Ink stuff, I almost wet myself. Here's to hoping it gets finished soon.

What about Mike Guy?