Attention drummers!

Brutalizer

Troll #2
May 25, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
slaypage.tripod.com
I have always wondered how the hell a death metal drummer for
example can blast beat so damn fast for so long?
Is there a special techinque or do you just go for it and hit the
snare as fast and hard as you can? You must get damn tired in the end! hehe

Please explain! :)

I tense all the muscles of my arm and use their elasticity(?) to just basically vibrate my hand up and down very fast. Lots of practice to have stamina and timing. That is hard to expain, hope that gives you an idea. Well, of how I do it. There are more ways than one. There is a way to use your fingers by holding the stick with your thumb and first finger while using the others in a kind of flick(snap) type motion to bounce the stick off the snare.

One thing ive seeen: Drummers who vibrate only with the wrist and not the whole arm tend to go faster and for longer, also ive been told by drummer friends that grabbing the stick almost at the end helps cause it would cause it to bounce faster. One thing i do admire however is the drummers that blast but hit the ring of the snare too that about kills all the bouncing its very very hard to keep up.

hehe
Hey Billo have you heard Flo mournier from Cryptopsy? How do you think he fucking blast at that insane speed ( officially rated between 700 and 720 bpm single handed ). He is amazing...

Originally posted by Misanthrope
hehe
Hey Billo have you heard Flo mournier from Cryptopsy? How do you think he fucking blast at that insane speed ( officially rated between 700 and 720 bpm single handed ). He is amazing...

:lol: Now that I can not answer!

I saw them live..insane!

well im gonna be seeing flo and cryptopsy tommorow. cant wait!:D
the way i blast beat is.... i just do it... i dont know. When i first started off i couldnt do it cause my arms were too weak. but if you keep at it and keep doing blasts and fast drumming it will become for easy. thats how i got to do it. I also watch videos of other drummers (like trym on emperial live ceremony) and just build of that which sometimes is helpful.

Originally posted by SentencedToBurn
well im gonna be seeing flo and cryptopsy tommorow. cant wait!:D
the way i blast beat is.... i just do it... i dont know. When i first started off i couldnt do it cause my arms were too weak. but if you keep at it and keep doing blasts and fast drumming it will become for easy. thats how i got to do it. I also watch videos of other drummers (like trym on emperial live ceremony) and just build of that which sometimes is helpful.

Cool!
I can see that you (obviously) like Dying Fetus, so i gotta mention
Kevin Talley. He is one hell of a drummer too! :)
Heard the new band Misery Index, where he is playing in?

Originally posted by SentencedToBurn
hell yea ive heard it. it kicks ass. kevin talley is one hell of a drummer:D
as a matter of fact i havent been to misery index's page in awhile. i will go there now, thanks:)

Cool! I was there today and i found this new song (recorded live), which you've probably have downloaded by now.
Great song, in my opinion! What do you think? :)

I don´t usually do blast beats, but when joking around I do it with wrist work... that prevents you from tiring your arms, which is the wrong way to play drums. Even using mostly your wrist, you need to practice quite a bit to do it perfect and for long times.

Bass drum is important too, don´t forget.