ATTENTION: Those who want to work in Finland...

_Zsuzsa_

Dumbo
Sep 15, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
...I have an offer for you! Only females tho; for it is an au pair (baby sitter job). Here's the situation:

As a few of you might know, I started to work in Parainen (south of Turku) since june, in a 250 m2 house, taking care of a 4 years old girl and a 6 years old boy. The father is very nice, pays for all my expenses plus salary. When I came here I was pretty sure that Kai (the father) is aware of the fact that I only want to stay until november but a few days ago it turned out that he thought I'll stay at least for a year. It was a simple misunderstanding but brought up something else as well. For the second "problem" is that after I've accepted the job I've fell in love with someone who lives in Helsinki and thus, I am kinda absent minded and sad that I can't be there with him. So one thing lead to another and we agreed that he'll start the search for another au pair, and that's where the point of this topic turns out at last:

So right now I'm seeking a girl, who can, if possible, speak finnish (or at least wants to learn it), have a drivers license and last but not least wants to work in Finland as a baby sitter with a very nice family (I assure you that)!
The family lives on the countryside, the au pair'll get an own room with internet, a car, they also have sauna, tv and dvd...

The sooner the applicant can come the better!
Those who are interested, please contact me on this e-mail address: jakab.zsuzsa@primposta.com

Argh, too bad I can't go... :( Commitments in Deadmonton (a job). Also I'm not good with children... even my own. j/k (don't have any little ones).

There will be so many hot Finnish guys there... *drool*

I think the reason females only is that traditionally females are the babysitters. Also for security/traditional reasons, since some people aren't comfortable with a guy in the house, and they tend to view women as more nurturing.

Argh, all you rich foreign people with your baby sitters, housekeepers, and etc. :p j/k again.

@mouse: also because it's far more comfortable for the boss to have a female working for him, ie if he's not gay. :p
and i doubt there would be many hott guys on the countryside. which is exactly why i'm not taking the job. :p

Oh, well, i've spent my whole july in Hell, but i wouldn't advise anyone else to do the same. :loco:

wheee i'm gonna be an au pair too. not in finland, obviously, but in germany or great britain or holland or belgium or austria or switzerland or sweden or iceland or ireland or norway or spain :)

SOMEONE ACCEPT THE JOB, FINLAND IS A NICE PLACE!!!!

Siren said:
@mouse: also because it's far more comfortable for the boss to have a female working for him, ie if he's not gay. :p
and i doubt there would be many hott guys on the countryside. which is exactly why i'm not taking the job. :p
You just sold the idea to all the womens who were thinking it over. congratulations. :Smug:

Spike said:
You just sold the idea to all the womens who were thinking it over. congratulations. :Smug:
Sorry, sometimes i just can't help being myself.. o_O

Hey Siren, we could split the au pairing responsibilities down the middle (one assumes we would have to share the room) and that way we could kill two birds with one stone, eliminating both our problems.

Whaddaya say? :Smug:

sounds good to me. but i must know which half of the cake i'm getting. well, definitely the one with the bedtime lullabies, but i better know what else it includes. :Smug:

Malaclypse said:
you could babysit thanatos' and nick's manbabies :)
Thanks, but they say german babysitters educate children with an iron fist, so we have already arranged to have one take care of our babies, what was her name??? ...Stephanie? :heh: