ATTN anyone that will actually care one way or the other

I was taught that they go inside the parenthesis. Same with periods, exclamation points and etc. BUT IT JUST DOESN'T LOOK RIGHT THAT WAY.

EDIT: Wait you're actually talking about quotation marks I believe. The above applies to quotation marks and NOT parenthesis. Puncuation goes OUTSIDE parenthesis.

I've had teachers tell me both. Those teachers and their differing teachings are the reason why I know little to shit about english grammar. Fuck public schooling.

I'm pretty sure it's:

Puncuation OUTSIDE of parenthesis
Puncuation INSIDE quotation marks

John, you know the difference between parenthesis and quotation marks, right?

Ex.
My name is Kevin (which was given to me by my parents), and my middle name is Mathew with only one "T," so that it's not a biblical reference.

Just doesn't look right, but I'm pretty sure it is.

tbh it's certain punctuation inside quotation marks. Periods, commas go inside, exclamation marks go outside, for example. Of course it varies in various situations, but that's generally how it goes. As for paranthesis, I do not know, but I would put them outside because it makes sense.

I'm pretty sure it's:

Puncuation OUTSIDE of parenthesis
Puncuation INSIDE quotation marks

John, you know the difference between parenthesis and quotation marks, right?

Ex.
My name is Kevin (which was given to me by my parents), and my middle name is Mathew with only one "T," so that it's not a biblical reference.

Just doesn't look right, but I'm pretty sure it is.
Yep, I just checked in my SAT review book.

Ex.

My parents meant to give me my middle name (Matthew) with one "T," but they messed up and wrote with two "T's" on the birth certificate :eek: