ATTN: Prog Metal Fans...

Would you be interested and/or would you subscirbe to a prog metal podcast?

• Total voters

chaoscontrol

New Metal Member
May 21, 2005
Posted this in my "intruduce yourself" thread but thought it would work here as well..

So, here's my deal:

I've decided that I wold like like to start up a podcast. Since I love prog metal, I thougt it would be really cool to have a prog metal podcast. However (and this is where I need help from you guys), since the whole legal side of things says I can't play licensed music (no Ozrics, no nightwish, no OSI.....it sucks, I know)....I must seek out the unsigned....or at this point, prog metal artists who's material are licensed under creative commons, pod safe music network, etc.

I'm thinking a weekly 30-45 minute show..feature artists....interviews....reviews...news..whatever. ..just a general music show the caters to the not so general music fan.

So, my first question is would you guys listen to something like this? are there enough artists out there to justify a show? Clearly I'd need some music to play...so I'd be looking for tracks. I'm dead serious about this so i'd like some feedback.

Thanks in advance..
chaoscontrol is online now Edit/Delete Message

why not do somthing like black metal radio, or one of those free radio things that i keep seeing attached to media players
~gR~

Sure, I would subscribe. Especially since it is all unsigned artists. That is a plus in my book, since I won't have heard all of them as much. Of course, it all depends on taste, if I don't like it, then no. I would especially like it if it wasn't all prog metal, but just metal that is progressive descriptivly, not genreically.

Seems as if the prog community isn't as big as i thought....at least in the states but I may be wrong.

The next quest is in finding the music. that may be the real test....could determine the success of such a podcast.

Thanks for the input

Feel free to PM me if you have band suggestions or something

and