Aussie Dudes - Need help organising a tour!

antiheroinc

Feb 23, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
my band and i just got back home from a few days on the road, we had so much fun we wanna do longer than a 3 day stretch and as far away as we can get.
check out a demo on http://www.facebook.com/lionswar. the band recorded a ep about 7 months ago before i joined and their producer is being a dick and not releasing any tracks so this is all we got atm.
do you guys have any advice on how to organize a larger tour? we've done everywhere in QLD and would really enjoy playing all the way to Adelaide and back.
cheers.

Check out Deadwalk in Perth, brought over quite a few bands including Stick to your guns. Not as big as Destroy All Lines, but they don't really have a presence here at all.

As long as you have your wits about you, the promoter's are quite easy to work with.
Hit up Axis Works for Canberra you might be in luck. Canberra is trying to get more all ages shows cranking too so it's worth it if you want to hit as many states as you can. Hit up Andy Annand if you can.
Welkin Entertainment in Melbourne (hit up Tim Charles), and Jason from Double Dragon for Adelaide; forgot the name of his promotion company but definitely the dude to hit up.

This is speaking from a more "metal" mindset mind you, I toured most of the country with my previous band but I haven't had a whole lot of experience with the core-ish promoters. :) Marshy is definitely the man to hit up.