• Other

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
The title says it all. Looking at location in the avatar show that more than 90% of the people posting here are aussies. Am I right?

the reason for this poll(other than that I want to try the poll function) is to show how long we have left before they take over the world.

This was done once before, and I believe Europe had the most users, with USA right behind, followed by Australia, then South America.

Go Australia!

I think there has been a bit more Australian activity around here with Australia day having just gone maybe? :lol:

I've only visited Oz for about one week in the last ten year and it was more than enough for me. Is it just me or has Australia become more conservative and christian? Also the number of racist bogans have appeared to have gone though the roof. I'm glad I don't live there anymore.

Felix: I'm not quite sure what it is, russian tank driver helmet perhaps? I was trying on several bit of head-gear at a user army supply stand at Wacken when my wife started taking pics. I didn't buy it though.

Given that this place is a total black hole for culture & the arts, it might explain why we all seek refuge on international music/engineering forums to actually learn something.

Seriously, we just took some major blows here in Melbourne to live music and the arts. All the state funding goes towards building more stadiums for the moronic sports fanatics that make up 95%+ of the population.

'The lucky country' indeed.

I've only visited Oz for about one week in the last ten year and it was more than enough for me. Is it just me or has Australia become more conservative and christian? Also the number of racist bogans have appeared to have gone though the roof. I'm glad I don't live there anymore.

Felix: I'm not quite sure what it is, russian tank driver helmet perhaps? I was trying on several bit of head-gear at a user army supply stand at Wacken when my wife started taking pics. I didn't buy it though.

Yeah we're definitely becoming a bit of a nanny state these days.

Which sucks because we used to be the country that sat back and laughed at everyone else for taking things too seriously.

The bogan increase evens out as we now have more violent, ideologically skewed thug producing ethnic enclaves than ever.

This thread needs a huntsman...

huntsman2.jpg

Given that this place is a total black hole for culture & the arts, it might explain why we all seek refuge on international music/engineering forums to actually learn something.

Seriously, we just took some major blows here in Melbourne to live music and the arts. All the state funding goes towards building more stadiums for the moronic sports fanatics that make up 95%+ of the population.

'The lucky country' indeed.

Urghh reminds me of high school.
They had this VET Subject at my school specifically for the rugby players? Sorry, but WTF is that?
All the music students and visual art students have to put up with shitty, old decaying equipment, while some fucking rugby subject and the rubgy team get brand new rugby uniforms, balls and shit:erk:
I'd like to think I'm exaggerating, but literally all the guys doing that VET Rugby subject were uncultured fucking cavemen with an IQ of about 90.
It sickens me to see society driving towards this thing of having all these "Sport heroes" being paid millions to run around fields and kick balls around, while talented, honest musicians and AEs (and hell, just people involved in the arts in general) are working their asses off and barely putting food on the table, let alone at least living in comfort.
What happened to bringing the standard of culture and society upwards? Guess that was lost some time ago.
Yes, it's not easy to be a sports star, there is obviously work involved, but the bit where for some reason they are getting paid more than 50 grand a year to do it is totally beyond my comprehension:puke:

Urghh reminds me of high school.
They had this VET Subject at my school specifically for the rugby players? Sorry, but WTF is that?
All the music students and visual art students have to put up with shitty, old decaying equipment, while some fucking rugby subject and the rubgy team get brand new rugby uniforms, balls and shit:erk:
I'd like to think I'm exaggerating, but literally all the guys doing that VET Rugby subject were uncultured fucking cavemen with an IQ of about 90.
It sickens me to see society driving towards this thing of having all these "Sport heroes" being paid millions to run around fields and kick balls around, while talented, honest musicians and AEs (and hell, just people involved in the arts in general) are working their asses off and barely putting food on the table, let alone at least living in comfort.
What happened to bringing the standard of culture and society upwards? Guess that was lost some time ago.
Yes, it's not easy to be a sports star, there is obviously work involved, but the bit where for some reason they are getting paid more than 50 grand a year to do it is totally beyond my comprehension:puke:

It's just about what generates the most public interest.

Since a good majority of the populace here seem to be a bunch of uncultured, backwater nimrods (and that's just the anglos... don't get me started on 'my people' or the other ethnic groups in this ghetto of a suburb I live in) it stands to reason that the national fixation is sports... most specifically: footy. It's what you get when you establish a nation on the premise of being a 'second chance' haven for the refuse and scum of all the world's countries. Then top it off with a dash of huge, barren, disconnected landmass that just happens to be so far away from the rest of the civilized world that there is absolutely no incentive to be competitive in regards to services, leadership, goods, employment, arts or anything even remotely resembling progression.

... seems this poll is mirroring the results of the last one.