XXX vs JSX

No clue on settings, but I know James likes to use the loose damping switch, crunch channel, gain at 3, and all eq knobs below 5.

Gain at 3??!!!! This is where I show my totall noobieness of these higher end amps, I lose 80% of string responce if I go lower than 7 on my Mode 4.
3 is insane!

LOL really? So whats it like with the gain on 10 ;)
Im guessing the Crunch channel is best for rhyhms and the Ultra for the leads? Im not a really big "scooped" fan.

LOL really? So whats it like with the gain on 10 ;)
Im guessing the Crunch channel is best for rhyhms and the Ultra for the leads? Im not a really big "scooped" fan.

What turned me off the XXX was that it seemed way too fizzy, no matter how the gain was set. I only played it for like 2 minutes, but one thing I remember was that I wasn't able to pull a sound that I liked out of it with the EQ or the gain.
I'm not a fan of it's voicing either.

What turned me off the XXX was that it seemed way too fizzy, no matter how the gain was set. I only played it for like 2 minutes, but one thing I remember was that I wasn't able to pull a sound that I liked out of it with the EQ or the gain.
I'm not a fan of it's voicing either.
I definitely know what you're talking about but for my, turning the gain down, adding a boost and slapping an eq in the loop tames the "fizzyness" really well.

The XXX has an absolutely absurd amount of gain. IMO the ultra channel is too scooped, but I've had pretty good luck w/ the crunch. Actually the ultra can be ok w/ passive pups but as always YMMV.

Tbh.....Peavey should have thought about that sentance long and hard....rearranged it and come up with a plate full of "muddy chicks with their flaps out"...interesting!

Tbh.....Peavey should have thought about that sentance long and hard....rearranged it and come up with a plate full of "muddy chicks with their flaps out"...interesting!
TRIPLEX.jpg

LMAO! hahahahahaha thats fucking class! Thats what im talking about! Peavey need to twig a little, im sure they would sell many more thousands if that face-plate was attatched and a female orgasmic noise was present when the power was turned on.......no? lol