Votes: 52 43.3%
  • North/South America

Votes: 40 33.3%
  • Australia

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
Heh, the drinking age of 18 here really doesn't stop young slutty things from drinking well before that age. If someone wants alcohol badly enough, they'll do what they have too to get it. I know some girls personally who were legit alcoholics by the age of 15 (as you can guess, they are a bit "slow" when it comes to the mental side of things nowadays)
FWIW I started drinking when I was 16 because I could grow a beard and absent minded shop owners just assumed I was easily about 20 years old and let me buy alcohol:headbang::lol:

No shit I thought it was 21? Fuck my life. But yeah you kinda proved my point; I know if we lowered the drinking age in America to 18, as least after the honeymoon period, we'd have a much more alcohol-responsible culture, instead of the current prohibitive but irresponsible one. Sounds like it's the same there, just shifted downward, age wise.

SLO does have some great college pussy tho, no denying that

Two words bro: State School. :headbang: :lol:

This thread needs a huntsman...

huntsman2.jpg

WTF IS THAT

No shit I thought it was 21? Fuck my life. But yeah you kinda proved my point; I know if we lowered the drinking age in America to 18, as least after the honeymoon period, we'd have a much more alcohol-responsible culture, instead of the current prohibitive but irresponsible one. Sounds like it's the same there, just shifted downward, age wise.

Drinking age here is 18 too, and I haven't had problems getting alcohol since I was about 14. Just as many fuckwits doing stupid things with drink over here as there are in Oz or in the US man.

Here in Melbourne we seem to have a current social problem where the young people (not under age mind you, the 18- tool bag late 20's) get absolutely trashed while out with friends at bars and clubs, then the venues throw them out and the dickheads are making a mess of themselves on the streets.

I don't think age has anything to do with it.

What really gets to me is that because of these fuckwitts, we have to pay more for alcohol at a licensed venue, yet it isn't stopping them drinking half a bottle of spirits before they go out nor is it stopping them from blowing a week's worth of wage or centerlink payment on their weekend drug/ alcohol binge.

I think Australia needs a bit of tough love to grow the fuck up.
We don't need to have TV or the internet censored, what we need is a nation of logical people who value the opportunity that they are provided in such a large, remote country.

I'm glad to be living here compared to other nations/ continents of the world, but I still believe that we have a looong way to go before this country makes sense to us and our visitors.

I would love to see the bounds of certain laws relaxed just a little, but fuck me if at the same time I don't want to see the penalties for breaking the laws bumped up 10 fold.

....can anyone tell I spent a day with Ermz yesterday? :lol:

Drinking age here is 18 too, and I haven't had problems getting alcohol since I was about 14. Just as many fuckwits doing stupid things with drink over here as there are in Oz or in the US man.

They shifted it up to 21 in select places where I'm at recently, in thinking it would promote more "responsible" drinking, it was an idea that was ditched pretty quickly. Really, what these assumptions forget is that a few years in age doesn't mean you don't want to get just as paralytically fucked, people have shitty lives and want to drink their way out of them temporarily, whaddayah know?

21 is just ass backward though, you can join the army, get shot, kill other people, have children and get married before that point, but you can't take responsibility for your own alcohol intake? Pffffft. :loco:

Two words bro: State School. :headbang: :lol:

i know, man...between atascadero/templeton and san luis, i spent about 6 years in SLO county

the vag doesn't quit in that bitch

Hah, Australia...
FISH have fallen from the sky onto a Top End town - not once but twice.

The Northern Territory News reports the freak phenomena happened on Thursday and Friday afternoon at Lajamanu, about 550km southwest of Katherine.

Local Christine Balmer said "hundreds and hundreds" of small white fish had fallen from the sky.

"Locals were picking them up off the footy oval and on the ground everywhere.

"These fish were alive when they hit the ground."

Lajamanu sits on the edge of the Tanami Desert, hundreds of kilometres from Lake Argyle and Lake Elliott and even further from the coast.

But in 2004, locals reported fish falling from the sky, and in 1974, a similar incident captured international headlines.

Weather bureau senior forecaster Ashley Patterson said the geological conditions were perfect on Friday for a tornado in the Douglas Daly region, but there were no reports of one.

"With an updraft, (fish and water picked up) could get up high - up to 60,000 or 70,000 feet," he said.

I usually have a few near the tap out behind my back patio. Makes car washing more exciting!

Also the number of racist bogans have appeared to have gone though the roof.

The idiots always spoil it for everyone. Your hate makes you as bad as them, by over exaggerating you make it seem as though the majority of Australians are becoming like this. This is quite untrue, there always has been and always will be extremist views in any country. Australia is no different. I think what you will find is a current affair programs and the media are focussing on negatives again as fear sells.

sports fanatics that make up 95%+ of the population.

Where do you get your statistics from?

New Zealand motherfucker!

Really? I didn't know. I guess congratulations are in order.

Had one of these fuckers at my front door. He was dead though.

Red_Ba9.jpg

I dodge red backs every day of the week, i'd prefer them to the snakes i come across every so often.

at least you don´t have Armadillos

Are you familiar with the northern hairy nosed wombat?

"All three known extant species of wombats average around 1 m (39 in) in length and between 20 and 35 kg (44 and 77 lb) in weight. They generally move slowly, and because of this are known for taking shortcuts, but when threatened they can reach up to 40 km/h (25 mph) and maintain that speed for up to 90 seconds." (wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wombat)

hnw.jpg

They're probably not as destructive as Armadillos from the sounds of it. And i'm not sure they carry any viruses or the like that would affect humans.