Australian black metal?

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
I'm a fan of black metal, and lately I've been wondering, in my incredibly knieve way, whether there are many black metal (or particularly dark) bands in Australia, and more importantly, are they any good?

Unfortunately I haven't had much exposure to the Australian bm scene, despite being a resident of the country for all of my 22 years...

Nevertheless, any gigging black metal bands, particularly around Melbourne would be very much appreciated.

I should probably make it clear....

The reason I ask is because my housemate and I are itching to get out to some gigs around Melbourne, but most of the bands we hear about are metalic hardcore type bands.... really heavy etc, which we're not really into.

Destroyer 666, in my opinion, are black metal, with thrash and death infuences, but heaps of people call them thrash...

But anyway, they are dark...

Hellspawn, Astriaal, Gospel of Horns, Anarazel, Catwitch, Abominator (thrashy blackmetal), Lord Kaos (i dunno if they are still around, id like to know if anyone knows), Nazxul (again dunno if they are still around)
theres a few for ya off hand, thats all i know of im sure someone like goreripper will show me up with a larger list :D :lol:

Originally posted by Soilworker
Destroyer 666, in my opinion, are black metal, with thrash and death infuences, but heaps of people call them thrash...

But anyway, they are dark...

They're still in Europe I beilive and I think i read somewhere that they are gunna stay there.

Originally posted by Clarky
Hellspawn, Astriaal, Gospel of Horns, Anarazel, Catwitch, Abominator (thrashy blackmetal), Lord Kaos (i dunno if they are still around, id like to know if anyone knows), Nazxul (again dunno if they are still around)
theres a few for ya off hand, thats all i know of im sure someone like goreripper will show me up with a larger list :D :lol:

Nazxul have finished up for sure I think, They haven't played a gig for years, but then,in they're 10 or so years they've only played 3 or 4. I think Lord Kaos still are, not to sure about that,not much of a black metal fan myself.

Australian Black Metal

Hellspawn
Bestial Warlust
Nazxul
Lord Kaos
Darklord
Abominator
Abyssic hate
Destroyer 666
Sadistik Exekution

Abominator raw, brutal black metal
A combination of Darkness and Carnage
constant blasts combined with an unrelenting rhythm.
Official site still underconstruction: http://go.to/abominator

Darklord great raw, dark black metal
Overwhelming, extreme, violent. satanic growls from the abyss
Official site: http://darklordfff.tripod.com

Hellspawn are a excellent Australian black metal band producing music as terrifying as a dark Scandinavian forest. Dark sinister satanic metal with fire breathing vocals, chainsaw guitar riffs, stampede of double bass drums, acousticy stuff and atmospheric keyboards. Find information on hellspawn and mp3s at the record label site : http://www.rottenrecords.com

Try Anarazel for some really raw BM. There seems to be some activity within the Nazxul camp, but nothing definite. Lord Kaos have been on an 'indefinite' break since last December and aren't in a hurry to get back on track. And everyone forgot to mention Psychrist! Carbon, Catacomb and Misery's Omen are worth searching high and low for too...

Soilworker, i couldn't help but notice the picture in your sig. The, uh, record cover must have grabbed my attention :lol:
Anyways, i was wondering what it said. Venom? I've never heard of Venom, so if it is Venom, could you tell me one of their albums or a website. That is, if they are a band and it's not just some website promo pic or something. I tried to look it up in WinMX, but, as you would imagine, i got a whole shitload of replied that most likely had nothing to do with that band, if they are called Venom.
I hope i was clear then :p
Thanx.

Originally posted by sands of the seas

Anyways, i was wondering what it said. Venom? I've never heard of Venom, so if it is Venom, could you tell me one of their albums or a website. That is, if they are a band and it's not just some website promo pic or something. I tried to look it up in WinMX, but, as you would imagine, i got a whole shitload of replied that most likely had nothing to do with that band, if they are called Venom.
I hope i was clear then :p
Thanx. [/B]

WHAT????????????????? you don't know who venom is!!!!!!! they were the first to coin the phrase "black metal" brilliant stuff!!!
i hope that you are joking not knowing who venom are!:eek:

Goreripper, thanks for the links to those three bands. I've downloaded some Hellspawn and Darklord, and so far Hellspawn sounds pretty good.... I know the sensible thing would have been to wait until I'd heard both samples before writing about them, but.. here I am.

Pretty good so far! I've heard about Hellspawn playing gigs around the place (I think) but had never heard their music.

Originally posted by sands of the seas
Sorry, i'm really new to black metal so i don't know many bands at all. Could you give me the name of one of their albums?

One of their albums is called "Black Metal", actually. In fact its the one in the pic. Some others are "Welcome to Hell", "At War With Satan" and "Possessed". They have others too, but only those ones matter.