Australian Black Metal

Darkness Eternal said:
Black metal's more about the music, surely?
You'd think so, wouldn't ya?
But no musical genre is just about the music.
There's always politics and image that surrounds music and no matter how hard you try to seperate them all, people just keep dragging them back together.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

Darkness Eternal said:
Black metal's more about the music, surely?
what trend did you jump from?

i cant give two shits about the music if:
1. the band/person i know personally is a dickhead.
2. they cannot explain why they are doing it, what they are trying to accomplish and who they wish to appeal to.

this is why you get raw-as-fuck music in blackmetal, respect comes into it alot.

Blackmetal does not have to be about anti-christianity, there are dozens of subjects that can be touched in blackmetal that involve anti-religion.
Satanic blackmetal is only one kind of blackmetal that is around these days, back in the early days it was the common idea of thinking against the lateral, monotonous ways of the modern society, which could incorporate a whole plethora of subjects/ideals.

blackmetal becomes redundant because fools are unable to comprehend this, and believe its about the music, looking evil and acting evil.

this thread has become pretty redundant, the little worthwhile input some people put into this subject is only reduced with some of the filthy rabbling of those that don't care for the matter.

if anyone wishes to discuss this further, my email should be in my profile, or on the website I posted earlier.

No, black metal is not always Satanistic or even directly Anit-Christian, but the ideology of black metal is not about acceptance of bullshit (faith) or acceptance of your place in society (comformity) which are some of the primary teachings of all the judeo-christian religions. So for a christian to like blackmetal, is completely retarded.

And music is not just music, you who said that are not and never will be a metal head, go listen to your shitty trends and crappy pop nu-metal bands. You are a fucking moron, and you have no right to degrade peoples art to your basic shallow quest for entertainment. Fuck off and die.

Koich said:
This discussion is why black metal is so fucking redundant.

we already know that you don't like and understand black metal, which therefore makes any of your posts about black metal as relevant as any post i might make about sri lanken hip-hop. basically, not much.

I love how as soon as anyone critises black metal, they automatically "don't understand it" It's not that fucking hard to understand, a bunch of bullied kids running around looking like kiss, using raw production to try and sound like bands that sounded shit 20 fucking years ago, whilst portraying a pseudo intellectual image of elitism.

That is all black metal is, I enjoy the music. Fuck your images, fuck your politics. I listen to metal because I like it as a form of music, I like it because generally, the people are nice and are like me. I however do not like uptight black metal fans, who go around proclaiming "I AM SO METAL, I LIKE SOME BAND YOU HAVEN'T HEARD". You and your whole scene is fucking redundant, it sucked when it started, and it sucks now.

Music is only and will only ever be entertainment

Get the fuck over yourselves, you stupid fucking tryhards.

Koich said:
I love how as soon as anyone critises black metal, they automatically "don't understand it" It's not that fucking hard to understand, a bunch of bullied kids running around looking like kiss, using raw production to try and sound like bands that sounded shit 20 fucking years ago, whilst portraying a pseudo intellectual image of elitism.

That is all black metal is, I enjoy the music. Fuck your images, fuck your politics. I listen to metal because I like it as a form of music, I like it because generally, the people are nice and are like me. I however do not like uptight black metal fans, who go around proclaiming "I AM SO METAL, I LIKE SOME BAND YOU HAVEN'T HEARD". You and your whole scene is fucking redundant, it sucked when it started, and it sucks now.

Music is only and will only ever be entertainment

Get the fuck over yourselves, you stupid fucking tryhards.
Again: agreement is with, Koich.
Get over yourselves.
Metal is metal. No matter the genre.
If you can take the fact that some people like to make fun of a metal genre and have the knowledge to back it up, don't bother to reply.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

Kiotch you are a fucking hipocritical idiot, in the same statement you say that black metal bands are imitating bands that sounded shit 20 years ago and then say that you like the music? Which is it dumbarse, you like it or you think it sounds like shit, cause what I think sounds like shit I generally don't like, and from your shallow point of view on music the sonics is all you care about anyway.

As for being bullied kids, I don't think I have heard a single Black Metaller complain about their life, or go on and on wining, I think you are confusing it with nu-metal, you probably listen to too much of it.

I'm not going to bother to argue anymore, music is so much more then just mindless entertainment, if you can't see that I feel sorry for your shallow views. I will not agrue my point any futher.

Thor Kjaer-Olsen said:
Kiotch you are a fucking hipocritical idiot, in the same statement you say that black metal bands are imitating bands that sounded shit 20 years ago and then say that you like the music? Which is it dumbarse, you like it or you think it sounds like shit, cause what I think sounds like shit I generally don't like, and from your shallow point of view on music the sonics is all you care about anyway.

As for being bullied kids, I don't think I have heard a single Black Metaller complain about their life, or go on and on wining, I think you are confusing it with nu-metal, you probably listen to too much of it.

I'm not going to bother to argue anymore, music is so much more then just mindless entertainment, if you can't see that I feel sorry for your shallow views. I will not agrue my point any futher.
Well, Koich, looks like our work here is done.
:D

Thor Kjaer-Olsen said:
Sorry, I should clarify. I meant I like Astriaal. Who don't sound shit.

Shallow shallow shallow.

You are the fucking scene whore black metaller. That is right, all black metallers are is scenewhores. They act tough, they look tough, they aren't tough.
Thor Kjaer-Olsen said:
Really? You should get out more.
Thor Kjaer-Olsen said:

Is it because you know that I am right. You and your friends are nothing but scenewhore's who spend their mid afternoons scaring grannys down at the mall?

You probably aren't even scandinavian, nice poser username, fag.

Fag, and you're are saying that I am not itelligent? Actually I am Scandinavian, but that has nothing to do with anything. And how am I or other blackmetallers scenewhores? The name "blackmetallers" implies listening to blackmetal not a whole bunch of other styles of metal, which would constitute a scene whore. Although, I guess I could be scene as a scenewhore because I don't limit myself to blackmetal, I listen to many styles of music, I just prefer black metal more then the others.
As for trying to look scary, no I don't. I don't walk around in spike or even band shirts (except of coarse at concerts or other metal based events).
The reason why I said that I wasn't going to argue anymore, is because people never change their mind no matter how wrong they are.

Anyway, to sumarise my whole problem with what you said, and that is you said is that you said "black metal is about the music" that may be true for you (like I said, I'm not going to argue anymore, so I will just accept that), but for hundreds of other "blackmetallers" and musicians, it isn't, people are trying to convey a message, emotion etc, and for you to say that it is entirely about the music, degrades hundreds of people. Say "Blackmetal to me is just music" and I've got not problem, although I wouldn't agree, saying "blackmetal is just music" and there is.

are Nazxul australian? :erk:
and has any one heard of Virgin Black? i know they may not be black metal but they are worth listening to.

ps- i couldnt have been bothered to read through all the other lame arguments...

This is just the thing. I don't care about the ideoligies of certain bands, when i listen to music i don't bother to look up the lyrics, the fact is virgin black make great music and to not listen to them because they're christian would be very narrow-minded imo.

etotheipiequalsminus1 said:
This is just the thing. I don't care about the ideoligies of certain bands, when i listen to music i don't bother to look up the lyrics, the fact is virgin black make great music and to not listen to them because they're christian would be very narrow-minded imo.
I can accept that people take their music as entertainment only, and don't really care about ideologies or whatever, but can you accept that some people do care about it. That is my point. Koich thinks he can speak for every single person, he is an arrogant shit who can't understand other peoples differences.

Thor Kjaer-Olsen said:
Oh yeah, I forgot to ask this befor, but could you name one blackmetal song that in some way represents being bullied and beaten?

None directly, but if you look at them metaphorically the vast majority are. There is so many about revenge against unnamed tormenters I would get RSI from typing.

I also know black metallers do get bullied and teased, because we do it.

Thor Kjaer-Olsen said:
Oh yeah, I forgot to ask this befor, but could you name one blackmetal song that in some way represents being bullied and beaten?
My Fist, Your Face -Armoured Angel

That's all pretty much 'bout kicking the living shite outta some random cunt for no reason.
Which pretty much used to sum up my's weekend when I's was a teenager. Even funnier is the fact that two of my's mates (The Twins) used to play that song when we used to cruise into Civic to met up with the Crew and than generally get into blues with any cunt dumb enough to have a go.
*sigh*
The Good Ol' Days.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack