Who do you want to win Australian Idol?

• Shannon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guy

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Cosima

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
Yeah I agree about Guy being the most marketable as well.

As some people have mentioned, Shannon was horrible singing 'Livin' On A Prayer', and should have been gone the following night. The judges didn't even say how bad it was, and they really should have. I think that was one of the worst performances from anyone in the final 12, and pretty much all of his others have been average. I will be pissed off if he wins.

Also, there is going to be a world Idol held at some stage, how embarassing would it be to send him to that when he can't even fucking sing!? :erk:

Dravenmist is right.... in the end it doesn't really matter who wins, cause you know they've already got a gold record waiting for them, no matter what crap they release.

I've said it before, it's just like Popstars was.... they had some damn good talent on the show, but by the time it got to release their own music, the label took the easy way and made it sound like all the other crap out there! For further proof just look at the Idol "Cast Song".... that has got to be the blandest song I've ever heard, despite the fact that there were 6 good and a couple of awful singers doing it together.

Mark Holden wrote 9 songs from the cast CD (yeah, yeah, I bought it - so sue me). They're all average songs. I'm sure he'll probably write most of, if not all of, the songs on the CD the winner will release.

They'd better have the show on next year cos I'm still annoyed that I didn't audition for it this year. I am SO there next year if it's on!

Yeah on Thursday's show, the behind the scenes one, they had the guys who wrote about 30 potential songs for the winners album telling them that they have about 6 songs that will go on there regardless of who wins, and the rest will be picked to suit their style. What a load, the three left are all completely different styled vocalists, and I doubt they could all sing the same 6 songs as well as each other. The first album from the winner will be absolute tosh, I can guarantee it.

Potentially, someone who doesn't win could do better from the whole thing, as they will have the exposure and might get signed etc, but won't have to record the crappy songs they are given, and might record something better.

The good thing about not winning the comp is that you don't have BMG and Holden basically telling you what you're going to do. You can get a recording contract on your own terms.

I think Guy is the only one from the top 3 who would be able to make a Mark Holden song sound really good, though, so I think he'll be OK for a while.

You might be right. Did you see Guy cringing when they were all sitting in the recording studio and they were telling the final 3 about the songs they would be given? Right after they made a big deal about how Guy is the whole package and writes his own songs too.

The winner will probably disappear in no time, especially if it's Guy, who really is talented. He'll get frustrated with being creatively stifled, the fame and shallowness of the spotlight will be in conflict with his Christian ideals, and he'll disappear into obscurity and make a reasonable living being a lounge singer. As for the other two: Shannon simply isn't talented enough and the fame industry has little place for women as angular-looking as Cosima, regardless of how talented she might be.

Yeah I agree Gore.

I think it is funny that no-one in this thread has voted for Shannon, and it is damn obvious that he isn't a good singer, but he has come this far and will possibly win.

Guy's performance last night was magnificent, and it would be atrocious if it was him that got the arse tonight. Shannon can't sing, and Cosima sounded like shit. I actually voted this week, as I really don't want to see one of them 2 win.