Australian Opeth fans Unite!!

Katatonic

Not My Own
Sep 10, 2001
Sydney
Every aussie opeth fan here HAS to email Opeth's managers or Mikael ( opethmike@hotmail.com ) and tell them not to just play in pubs when (and if) they come. im gonna be 17 in November, and im not gonna miss opeth just cos there in a pub!!!! :( :heh: :eek:

Doh that would be a pain in the bottom if they did. I'm 19 so I really don't have anything to worry about...but I will email Mikey poo just cause I wouldn't want a fellow Ozpeth fan to miss out :D

Oh! I hope they come! :D

Can we have a show of hands of how many Australian fans are here?

Count stands at 2

Yes, it is good to be over eighteen (nineteen actually)...! But still, pubs suck. Bad sound, bad company. just bad.

DAMN YOU OPETH... PLAY FESTIVAL HALL OR SOMETHING!!

We need to bug :hotjump: the promoter to include under age shows :D Waving hand :devil: that makes 5 and I know Mark is around here somewhere so 6!

I hope they just come the hell down. They have quite the following in Melbourne, so they'd do damned well.

(psstt...Bring Katatonia with you.)

Christian Mc.

If they bring katatonia over there will be no fucking way im going to let them play in a pub. the two best bands in the world playing in a fkn PUB!?>!?!?!?!?!?!

I couldn't see the problem with an all ages gig. I'm 20 so it doesn't really bother me, but it would suck if other people had to miss out. BTW, I thought they were touring early next year and not in November. Need more info.

when i saw katatonia/akercocke/gandalf june 29th it said you had to be over 18 to go in, in the end they didn't really give a fuck, as long as they get people they dont care, hopefully they aren't strict. i mean i look 15 and i had no problems at all. hopefully they aren't strict.

This is interesting... my name is Rowan, and I'm from Wollongong. So it was quite interesting to see the post above.
If Opeth played an over 18s gig only, I'd do my best to grow some facial hair and get a fake ID ;)

Hey Aussies, I am 20 even though not many people seem to think so upon first sight. :err:

I would LOVE to see Opeth play in a pub atmosphere, nice and personal, but yes, it would be tragic for all those considered minors by law... (you would be able to figure out something Katatonic289 - how are your forgery skills? :) )
I wouldn't mind them playing somewhere like Festival or the Palace though, which would be cool for all ages.

Kushantaiidan, I am formely of Ballarat before I moved to Melbourne for uni...The place is unique with the whole temperature phenomena going on, I mean it is only 140km from Melbourne, but damn it is cold. :)
It never ceases to amaze me...

Originally posted by brightoffski
Hey Aussies, I am 20 even though not many people seem to think so upon first sight. :err:

I would LOVE to see Opeth play in a pub atmosphere, nice and personal, but yes, it would be tragic for all those considered minors by law... (you would be able to figure out something Katatonic289 - how are your forgery skills? :) )
I wouldn't mind them playing somewhere like Festival or the Palace though, which would be cool for all ages.

Kushantaiidan, I am formely of Ballarat before I moved to Melbourne for uni...The place is unique with the whole temperature phenomena going on, I mean it is only 140km from Melbourne, but damn it is cold. :)
It never ceases to amaze me...

DELICIOUS! I fucking hate ballarat so much. It's worse than the crappiest parts of melbourne. What school did you goto sir?

Anyway, If I went to an opeth show, I WOULD NOT WANT PPL TO MOSH AND CROWDSURF and all that shiit, I'd rather an opeth show where everyone sits down, say on the floor, sorrounded by candles. So if there is an australian concert... DON'T MOSH.

but actually... some songs, it just would be impossible not to mosh. But I ussually feel more inclined to waltz around the room, with all the 3/4 music.

so, ppl's thoughts? to mosh or not to mosh.

If Opeth come...

A pub style atmosphere would be great, especialy with such great pubs as The Tivoli in Adelaide, however being as i am classed as a minor (17)... The gigs must be all ages, as a huge portion of the Metal Crowd in adelaide are underaged. I mean sure they arent too careful with the age thing, i mean shit, i've been able to buy alcohol since i was 13, but sometimes they are more stringent... And just my luck this would be one of those occasions...

I have already emailed Mick... and i plan to again in a few days... Even if you arent really a huge opeth fan, Email him anyway.. Australia doesnt get enough of the big metal acts and the only way we are goin to prove we are worthy of them is to get one over here and give them a huge audeince to play to...

And if they do come, I hope they bring Nevermore too... That would be a killer gig... Europe can have it, so why can't we?

This is interesting... my name is Rowan, and I'm from Wollongong. So it was quite interesting to see the post above.
If Opeth played an over 18s gig only, I'd do my best to grow some facial hair and get a fake ID

Lol. ive just managed to grow quite a good goatee...