AUSTRALIAN Tour 10days - Mikael's Promise

zep-head

Zoims
Mar 24, 2004
Australians are very excited right now as Opeth are about to begin the Aussie tour '08 in 10days time.

I thought I would remind Mikael and the rest of the Peth of their promise to the Aussies downunder a little over two years ago.
At the Melbourne show April 23rd 2006, our constant cheering for Black Rose Immortal was met with a polite decline from Mikael, yet an acceptable response: "haha, you just want it becuase its 20 minutes long...we promise we will play it next time"

Mikael we are going to have to hold you to that promise - we know how much you love your Australian fans, and you don't want to neglect the brilliance of the Morningrise days. At least a one-time performance for Melbourne who have been waiting?

Will be seeing you in both Melb and Syd... (hopefully for some BRI)
Welcome back to Aus Opeth!

i hope he doesnt play that long boring song, he could play benighted 4 times instead

Heh well when they played in Auckland in 2006, he promised they'd be back to play in New Zealand on their next tour. Now it is their next tour, and it now looks extremely unlikely that that promise is going to be fulfilled...

Moral of the story: Don't trust Mike with his empty promises...:mad:

My mates are continuously telling me to shut up because its all I talk about. I'm so damn exited.

I think they should just play My Arms, Your Hearse all the way through and go ahead and throw in the covers at the end as well because every song on that record kicks ass.

none from what i've heard...i'll keep you posted if I hear. Beat magazine, or inpress magazine usually have instore signings in them for bands if you're interested...

^Call me if/when your going. Actually shouldn't we have heard something by now, given it's pretty damn close. I'm flying in to Sydney at about 2pm on the Saturday, so I'll have a few hours to kill before the doors open. Hopefully I can kill them by going to the signing.

So should we expect the same Masters', Drapery, Hounds, Wreath setlist?

I'd prefer something different, but will go nuts if SPD is played :kickass: