THE WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA THREAD

Even though the brisbane show went off, I still think that the last time they came here they had better setlists and a better sound too. I mean White Cluster, The Amen Corner and Under the Weeping Moon were all great to hear live, but in my opinion not really crowd favourites. Whereas the last concert (2004) we had April Etheral, The Moor and Blackwater Park! Three absolutely awesome songs in one set! It would have been nice if they had Moonlapse Vertig, TNATSW and Demon of the Fall in the default setlist and changed the others for this tour i think... I was also expecting them to bring out When and Serenity Painted Death but hey theres always next time around...

Pethical said:
its a shame that no quarter is referred to as elevator music. it was amazing. zep-head filled the cup.

Dude, No Quarter? They covered that? Someone might have said something about it earlier, but I must have missed it.

The Brisbane show went off. I loved the setlist, so i'm not going to complain there. I am extremely glad that I went. And, the moshpit went insane during The Grand Conjuration. It probably did during Deliverence, but I didn't notice that, 'cos I was going crazy to the opening riff. All in all, it was an excellent gig, in my, honest opinion..

Moonlapse said:
Do you guys remember that drunk that was hanging around us after melb #2 and saying he was the most old-school Opeth fan? That was a riot :lol:
hahaha
"I was the first person IN AUSTRALIA to hear Opeth on these shores!!"
That guy was a drunken legend

I'm tired of the local scene. I used to go whenever there was a half decent line-up around, but to be frank, most local bands are boring. Nobody here is doing anything interesting. Even our revered acts like Psycroptic have German equivalents who do it better :)

AshDLS said:
Now what I wanna know is, how many of you Aussies are now gonna head out to see some more local metal? ;)
I probably won't...Unless you've got some good recommendations.

Now what I wanna know is, how many of you Aussies are now gonna head out to see some more local metal?

Are you guys kidding, a good 3/4 of the shows i go to are locals.

Moonlapse, Ne Obliviscaris. please.

Chomps - Recommendations?

NE OBLIVISCARIS
Alarum
Transcending Mortality
Alchemist
Lord
Pathogen
Vesper's Descent
Sakkuth
Psycroptic
Praetorian
Stone Wings
Abyssic Hate
Dissension
Kill For Satan

I could go on forever. SUPPORT AUSSIE METAL

Didn't you hear them at the show?
I can't say I went too much on them myself. The first song was kind of alright, with the guy doing the sort of screaming thing (don't know names), but EVERY song after that had like the exact same tempo and they didn't change at all, just that sluggish, monotonous sound.