THE WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA THREAD

Moonlapse said:
That was the first time TNATSW was played live, wasn't it?

No, im pretty sure they played it on those Chronolgy shows in the USA. That was the first time they played it live, we're the second country to hear it though, so still pretty special.

Pethical said:
looks like there wont be a bootleg then. sorry guys.

Nooo, we had one of the best seats in the house too, woulda been good if the prick didnt tell you to stop filming.

Pethical said:
if i had known who you were i would have let you cut in with me and all my friends especially because of your melbourne travelling, which generates much respect. my bastard friends arrived at 730 and still made it on the barrier because of me, i deserve some chocolates surely.

CUTSIES

Splintered Vision said:
Nooo, we had one of the best seats in the house too, woulda been good if the prick didnt tell you to stop filming.

Yeah, I got my camera confiscated after the first song in Melb #1. Kind of glad in the end. My arm was getting sore having to hold it so high above my head... :lol:

Eternal Dragon said:
Thats interesting. In your pics they are using laney cabs, but at the brisbane show they used marshall. Wonder why??

Seems like they're using whatever the hire company gives 'em. Over in NZ it was Marshall heads (JCM800/900s?! couldn't really see) and Marshall cabs. :ill:

:kickass:
Firstly how are u guys? i see benny is also here
man i havent posted in here for soooo long
and yes i did see opeth for the 3rd time
i was gonna miss it because the setlist wasnt... pleasing
to be honest the amen corner put me off.. dont get me wrong it is a decent song but there are much better songs on that album i woulda been happy with april ethereal (as seen in 2nd sydney gig) or when? even
anyway went there and they absolutely rawked as i expected
Soldier of fortune was a great surprised indeed
this gig has made me realise i gotta quit smoking cuz i couldnt survive in the pit as long so i had to pull out
i decided to be away from the pit for a while just to take in the music

and the humour of that night
i loved it, mikael seems very relaxed now that his band is making some real money (i mean come on.. its true) and he seemed to connect comfortably.

especially "that was a powerballad.. and i bet some chicks.. touched some cock" after soldier of fortune had me chuckling rather loudly

anyway great night

now whose going to dragonforce? :D :D
no one woulda seen me cuz i havent been to a gig since.. well since nightwish last year and missed out on.. Bodom,Arch enemy, haunted and some band i forgot to mention but i wasnt gonna miss opeth and now im back to gig my arse off again.
and new tool album rawks

Moonlapse said:
Do you guys remember that drunk that was hanging around us after melb #2 and saying he was the most old-school Opeth fan? That was a riot

Yes!! DZC almost got in a fight with him haha. that guy was classic.

Sanctuary NZ said:
now whose going to dragonforce?

Me!

Sanctuary NZ said:
Mikael said he was saving When for next time around.

HOOOOOOLLLLAAAYYY!!!! he, nor peter, didn't give me a straight answer when i asked them. looks like another selling point for the next tour :headbang:

moonlapse - i duno, was he the same guy that was saying "mikael i would be honoured if you would lick my shirt" - what a freak. i was like "mikael, ignore him, he's drunk. now, what are you gonna play tomorrow night" poor mikael was freaked out this guy, it wasnt enough he was listening to our requests.
as mikael went around the van to get in the other door, this guy followed him saying "lick me! lick me!" - what a weirdo.

that was ME that went to both the sydney and melbourne shows! :headbang:
and when i think about it, i dunno why i made the treck all the way down to melb and then didn't even hang around to meet the guys afterwards.

and i saw andrew haug at the melb 2 gig... both the haug's infact. andrew was the one doing all the filming of opeth. now that would be a good bootleg to get!

zep-head said:
moonlapse - i duno, was he the same guy that was saying "mikael i would be honoured if you would lick my shirt" - what a freak. i was like "mikael, ignore him, he's drunk. now, what are you gonna play tomorrow night" poor mikael was freaked out this guy, it wasnt enough he was listening to our requests.
as mikael went around the van to get in the other door, this guy followed him saying "lick me! lick me!" - what a weirdo.

Now I realised why they got out of there pretty quickly...bloody drunkards. :mad: