THE WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA THREAD

best gig of my life. magical

the 8 you gave it is an insult. the ballads are an integral part of opeth's sound. besides the numerical error it was a well written review though, kudos

Pethical said:
it was a long...long...long line. and i was in the front:) not that u asked or anything, but i thought i should boast, because im very poud :D

who were you? me, ben and in_absentia were RIGHT on the front of the right hand GA queue. might have spoken to you at some stage? I was in the 'thrax shirt.

yeah i also have to complain (even though i have never heard the eternal) the reasoning at the start for not liking them was awful. No growling?! You thought they were bad because there was no growling? What kind of a reason is that. And on top of that you then went to compare them to the greatness of dream theater, who clearly dont roar. that was an unfair reveiw on behalf of the eternal, excluding their performance as i did not witness it.

sorry didnt see that part, went straight to the review of opeth. must agree, they have nothing to do with dt, and are much better than you give them credit for. and since when is growling mandatory for good music?

mmm i didnt hear the band but i sort of understand what he means about the no growling thing with the eternal. sometimes i listen to bands and i can just imagine how much better the song would be if they growled in particular places, like theyre somehow holding back. but good review apart from the ballad thing. ballads are an integral part of opeth, just as the heavy stuff is.

Pethical said:
sorry didnt see that part, went straight to the review of opeth. must agree, they have nothing to do with dt, and are much better than you give them credit for. and since when is growling mandatory for good music?
i actually thought that the eternal were really good, i found myself headbanging to them then stopped because everyone was looking at me funny going "she actually thinks this is good??"

the eternal are quite good dont get me wrong. but i think they have the potential to write better songs than they currently have. the first two they played at the opeth gigs and everlasting are great tunes :kickass:

yeah maybe. i dunno its just that i was familiar to them and i had heard the sleep of reason (last yrs album) before. it was actually quite funny coz absoloutely nobody in the crowd was mouthing any of the wrods. nobody was! excpet for that guy backstage that i was convinced was adam agius from alchemist. was it him does anyone know?

yeah prob was, im sure someone like that attended. mark from the eternal is a really good guy btw, after melb 2 when he walked past the guys waiting outside for opeth to come out i asked him for his backstage pass and he goes "no way, you forget that im a fanboy too!" :D good times