THE WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA THREAD

aww damn pethical, don't tell me that!! :) thinking that i coulda been on the barrier in sydney... rather than behind hundreds of people obstructing my view!! i came straight from the airport to luna park and just didn't feel like standing in the one spot for a couple of hours... i regret that now. i didn't realise that the line was gonna get so ridiculous, and then it was too late. oh and you deserve more than chocolates! i'd say beer as well AT LEAST!

yeh i remember mikael say "i love you too", hehe. he said that at a melbourne show too...but i think thats cuz every second person was yelling out "mikael is god!"

It happened at the brizzy show which i just went to a few hours ago.... lol. I think he loves everyone. So yeh i dont usually post here, but that gig was fucking awesome so I guess its my duty ;). All in all a very good night, but -1 for the eternal cos that made me sleepy. I didnt even realise they had a keys player until their last song, lol.

Just back from the Brissy show and wow, that was awesome. Perhaps better than the past two times. The new drummer (name escape me) was fantastic, Mikael's clean vocals were fantastic (_so_ much stronger and confident than previously), and Mendez is just great to watch. Same setlist as the other Aussie gigs posted (Soldier of Fortune, Under the Weeping Moon, but no Moonlapse Vertigo). Mikael's banter was great as usual ('It's about the money, tits, and drugs', the singing Happy Birthday to 'Jeff the Cunt', and 'I hope you enjoy this, and if you don't.. you can fuck off'). Sound was great, crowd wasn't particularly bad, a great night all-round.

in_absentia said:
hey are you the guy that i met in line? the guy that let me get in front of u, i was with the asian guy and the short girl and i was wearing a CoF shirt and we were ment 2 get home on the train 2getha

yeah, its me. what happened? on minute we were going up the stairs, the next you guys had dissapeared! oh well, good show tho.

Wow im still gettin over the concert. They are like crack i wanna c em AGAIN. LIVE. NOW! lol oh well i guess ill have to wait a couple of years or somethin. Next time they are out im gonna c them at least twice and i dont care wot it takes haha hope u all feel the same. And for those who wanna hear SoF again u can DL it from Limewire i managed to find it there, its a US recording though good quality though.

thematt said:
yeah, its me. what happened? on minute we were going up the stairs, the next you guys had dissapeared! oh well, good show tho.

She lost her train ticket and had to buy another one. Hah

Pethical said:
Yes, but a lot of people are talking about it, because it is quite unusual and a big surprise (to me at least) that they played it in full.

Yea it surprised me aswell. I've only heard them play it once before on some bootleg. It was fucking awesome though.

thematt said:

yeh as benny said i lost my ticket, had to buy a new one. yeah it was the best show ever, prolli coz it was the first big gig ive been to, i just cant belive i showed up first i was convinced ther was gonna be like 10000s of people ahead of us. thanx again for all the support and help u gave me on the gig night (lol letting me go in front!!)

in_absentia said:
yeh as benny said i lost my ticket, had to buy a new one. yeah it was the best show ever, prolli coz it was the first big gig ive been to, i just cant belive i showed up first i was convinced ther was gonna be like 10000s of people ahead of us. thanx again for all the support and help u gave me on the gig night (lol letting me go in front!!)
Hello, and hi Matt, and hi ben. How did you find the crush? Thanks for letting me put my stuff in your locker. Have you seen my photos from the gig? if not go here
opeth15.jpg

haha the crush was alright i still feel pain in my neck coz of headbanging so hard though and my throat still hurts, but then again i didnt know i could growl till that night so therefore i didnt stop!