THE WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA THREAD

blackwaterpark, yeah that tshirt comment was my mate Oly, he's in the photos with me/pethical/mikael. good to see you made the trip also, fuckin respect

yes, soldier of fortune (deep purple cover) and deliverance. SoF was a great change and i never thought id hear that live in full but alas i would have prefered when or demon again (they did demon in melb 2 thank GOD, greatest night ever)

Yeah Melb 2 was the best gig I have ever been too. the sound was great even right on the barrier which has a tendincie to sound shit. I couldnt see how many people were there but it seemed like more than sunday

and the band seem to really really enjoy melbourne 2.

the numbers were deffinately down on melb 2, i estimate 2/3rds of melb 1. but yes the sound was excellent, much better than melb 1 and all round it was just an amazing night. best gig of my life, and i have been to many

I made it to the Sydney show and i thought it was amazing. I have been an opeth fan for a few years now and this was first time a was able to see them live, I was completely blown away. As this was my first time experiencing opeth live i found no problems with sound quality from where i was, which was in the upstairs seating area, I just felt that the show went off. Hands down best concert iv ever been too. Loved the SoF cover too, i just hope that they play Black rose immortal nxt time they are out.

And does anyone have a recording of SoF because i would love to hear it.

pethical and zep-head - i headed down to melb on the thursday b4 the opeth gigs, thought i'd make a bit of a trip outta it... guess i missed all the happenings on this forum in that time, otherwise i woulda known and made myself known to you guys!

yeh the numbers at the melb 2 show were down by a lot. well at the 1st show i was at the front of where the booths started, squashed next to a really annoying drunk guy. and on the second night i was so very close to the barrier at the front and still had heaps of space around me. so there woulda been at least only 2/3's of the crowd there. felt like there was only about half the people.

and i agree that melb 2 was easily the best opeth gig i've ever been to! (and that was one of 8 times) :)

hey are you the guy that i met in line? the guy that let me get in front of u, i was with the asian guy and the short girl and i was wearing a CoF shirt and we were ment 2 get home on the train 2getha

for the sydney show do you mean? i never got in the line... got to luna park about 5.30pm and just kept wondering about, thinking that i'd join the line in good time, but then the line grew so ridiculously long that i refused to get in it. i don't know where the common sense is in that though?! hehe.

if i had known who you were i would have let you cut in with me and all my friends especially because of your melbourne travelling, which generates much respect. my bastard friends arrived at 730 and still made it on the barrier because of me, i deserve some chocolates surely.