AutoPocket: New Beat Detective clone for Reaper (demo video)

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa. This is beyond awesome, this will save me my sanity and countless hours of my life.

I'm up if you need a donation or whatever :Smokin:

wow man, seriously ridiculously fantastic work. your dedication to reaper is unparalleled.

This does rule. Great work as always Adam.

My only complaint with Reaper is for some reason it hasn't been able to handle the plugins that I use on tracks. It seems to get bogged down way fast which shouldn't be an issue for me with the amount of RAM I am using. I do all of my editing in reaper right, but cant do any mixing or tracking really either for that matter bc of all the intense latency that I get. Probably more the operator than the program, but whatevs.

Great stuff regardless.

Holy fuck you are the boss Adam! I only wish I had more interesting material to play around with this with!!

Definitely post up your Paypal or something so we can all shoot a few dollars your way..

Is there any way of adding only these actions without having to install the whole SWS extension? I ask this because the only thing that I really used from them was the "zoom + scroll" actions, and that wasn´t important enough for me to have to deal with all the extra menu items that it added to the overall Reaper interface.

Is there any way of adding only these actions without having to install the whole SWS extension? I ask this because the only thing that I really used from them was the "zoom + scroll" actions, and that wasn´t important enough for me to have to deal with all the extra menu items that it added to the overall Reaper interface.

Unfortunately not, I have no idea how to get it to compile without all the extra SWS stuff. I will tackle that problem eventually though so I can offer a separate DLL for anyone in your position.

I downloaded the extensions but can't find where in reaper is the script! The SWS extensions are well installed cause they appear in the reaper menu. But I can't find the toolbar option to it!

Sorry I should clarify, the SWS Extension does not contain the tool bar. All the tool bar is is some actions that already exist in Reaper plus my custom smoothing code. The actions that were added are these:

* SWS/AdamWathan: Fill gaps between selected items (advanced)
* SWS/AdamWathan: Fill gaps between selected items (quick, no crossfade)
* SWS/AdamWathan: Fill gaps between selected items (quick, crossfade using default fade length)

Cut and quantize the audio whichever way you like and then use my actions (particularly the "advanced" one) to intelligently fill all of the gaps and give you a seamless and great sounding end result.

Great work Adam.
Any chance you could share you tool bar etc.?

http://www.adamwathan.com/reaper/AWPerformanceCorrectionToolbar.zip

Just import the MenuSet file and the KeyMap file. It'll replace whatever you have as Floating Toolbar 2 though so be careful.

The text icons make it hard to see what the buttons do :/ But the first one is the "split at transient to right of mouse cursor" tool, you right click it to arm it and then click around.

Second button just opens Dynamic split (make sure not to use any of the extra features in there if you are using my smoothing tool ie. NO LEADING PAD and NO AUTO ADJUST SNAP OFFSET, my smoothing action does that for you and does a better job, things won't work if you try and do it twice)

Third button opens the "Quantize Item Positions" dialog, I don't use it that often, but if you do DO NOT USE ANY OF THE EXTRA FEATURES. No "extend starts...", "shorten earlier..." or "stretch to fit" or whatever. The only checkbox that should be checked is "move grouped items with selected items".

Fourth button is a "quick quantize", just press it and it'll quantize selected items to the nearest grid line based on your grid setting. This is the one I use a lot, waste of time opening the dialog when you could just use this, especially when you aren't allowed to use any of the other quantize features :D

Fifth button opens the advanced smoothing dialog. This is the bread and butter of the whole thing, watch the videos to learn how to use the parameters. I've found that Max Gap is better off around 15ms and Max Stretch is better around 0.5. Stretching to fill a big gap always sounds better than backfilling, even if the stretching still doesn't sound perfect, so better to let it stretch it alot if it has to instead of doubling the transient. Preserve Transient is good where it is as is the Trans Fade Length.

6th button I believe is Fill Gaps with no Crossfade, just quickly fills the gaps, no stretching, no dialog.

7th is the same but it adds a crossfade of the "Default fade length" set in the preferences.

Sorry Adam. I'm not an idiot, but I can't find the reaper menu route to your script.

They are actions, they won't be located in the menus. Look for them in the Actions List by filtering for AdamWathan.

actionlist1.png

actionlist2.png

http://www.adamwathan.com/reaper/AWPerformanceCorrectionToolbar.zip

Just import the MenuSet file and the KeyMap file. It'll replace whatever you have as Floating Toolbar 2 though so be careful.

The text icons make it hard to see what the buttons do :/ But the first one is the "split at transient to right of mouse cursor" tool, you right click it to arm it and then click around.

Second button just opens Dynamic split (make sure not to use any of the extra features in there if you are using my smoothing tool ie. NO LEADING PAD and NO AUTO ADJUST SNAP OFFSET, my smoothing action does that for you and does a better job, things won't work if you try and do it twice)

Third button opens the "Quantize Item Positions" dialog, I don't use it that often, but if you do DO NOT USE ANY OF THE EXTRA FEATURES. No "extend starts...", "shorten earlier..." or "stretch to fit" or whatever. The only checkbox that should be checked is "move grouped items with selected items".

Fourth button is a "quick quantize", just press it and it'll quantize selected items to the nearest grid line based on your grid setting. This is the one I use a lot, waste of time opening the dialog when you could just use this, especially when you aren't allowed to use any of the other quantize features :D

Fifth button opens the advanced smoothing dialog. This is the bread and butter of the whole thing, watch the videos to learn how to use the parameters. I've found that Max Gap is better off around 15ms and Max Stretch is better around 0.5. Stretching to fill a big gap always sounds better than backfilling, even if the stretching still doesn't sound perfect, so better to let it stretch it alot if it has to instead of doubling the transient. Preserve Transient is good where it is as is the Trans Fade Length.

6th button I believe is Fill Gaps with no Crossfade, just quickly fills the gaps, no stretching, no dialog.

7th is the same but it adds a crossfade of the "Default fade length" set in the preferences.

That link is not working.

I know this is prob the wrong forum but reapers forum isnt working for me. How do you setup the floating toolbar. your download file didnt work for me.