Avec Tristesse

**Jester**

Apr 19, 2004
England
www.myspace.com
Amazing, really great. Havent heard something that I instantly liked like I did with Novembre in a long time. It is quite similar to Novembre, blend of death/black metal vocals and clean.....loads of melody, meloncholic parts, more upbeat parts, classical influence.

Really really good. Recommend you to check them out, get the album Ravishing Beauty if you can.

Wow this awesome.

I think this is the closest thing I have heard to Novembre but still with their own sound.

Amazing!

Ok I am going to stop going on about them now. But yeah check them out.

It is really nice, the few songs I heard from their website do remember me a bit of Novembre. I've never downloaded anything of them before, because the name made me think it was another funeral doom band, but they aren't, in fact.

Thanks

I have downloaded the two songs for Ravishing Beauty and I like both !
So I'll try to get the entire album, thaaannnkksss so mUcH !

How Innocence dies is a really great album....It mixes a whole lot of different metal genres..and it does it extremely well...good clean vocals too

I'm playin' them right now. Guitars remind me a lil' of My Dying Bride. Beautiful vocals, either clean or screaming.
Sometimes it's unbelievable thinking that from the other side of the world there are bands so interesting, isn't it?

Thats what is so good about band forums, you know that suggestions from other members are going to appeal to you as it is a specific band and all the things that we love in Novembre for example can find elements of that in other music. Also because they are from all over the world more likely to hear new bands that maybe you dont hear about in your own country.

Something I have been listening to a lot recently after a long time is Before the Dawn album 4:17am...if you have not heard this album (probably you heard other albums or something by them, which are generally not very good), get hold of it because that album is really special.

I had almost forgotten about Before the Dawn. Have heard one only song from them, probably from the first record... don't remember how many records they released so far, to be honest. The song says 'Deep down in my darkness, deep down in my darkness...'. Wanna check out something else on myspace.
I think that Finland's gave birth to a lot of cool bands, doesn't it?

@ Jester
Thanks a lot for those beautiful 3 songs you linked me to from Before the Dawn. I like 'Fade Away' especially.
Trust me if I tell you that the 3 songs are better than a good part of the new songs of AmorphiS contained in 'Silent Waters'.
And there are also Swallow the Sun that I like very much since last summer, though I've got one only album, 'The morning never came'.

The ForeshadowinG's 'Days of nothing' is an outstanding record? It's sooo doom and take me back in the 90s, vocals are beautiful and understandable. Maybe after the first 4 - 5 songs, it sounds a bit too homogeneous, but it's a great debut album.

I'm gonna listening to Monokromia right now. I had never heard 'em so far. I think is the first band from Egypt that I hear. I like the clean vox. Remind me a bit of Mike Akerfeldt from Opeth.