AVID Pro Tools 10 & new hardware!

The complaints are legit. They fixed the windows bug in Pt9 in mars this year. I bought it in May or June :S Im not gonna upgrade anytime soon. Perhaps when they release Revibe and Phoenix in AAX. For HD users the upgrade are massive but for LE users there are just small features added. Could have been in a 9.1 upgrade for 50$.

Money rulez i guess...

I just got my free PT10 upgrade as I bought crossgrade to PT9 two weeks ago and I must say that this 10 has some great features but I wouldn't buy this one. I think it's not worth for PT9 users. Anyway, I'm happy with it :)

Cheers!

3816548333_ca1e0b61ed.jpg

Seems like this company cant rape their user base enough.....

For those of you bitching about the $ to € difference, just get your digital delivery upgrades from Sweetwater or such. AFAIK, US shops display their equivalent of VAT (sales tax?) differently (or not at all, maybe the US citizens would like to clarify this?).

And keep in mind, if you run a legit business (in the EU at least), you can deduct the VAT from the price. If I wanted to upgrade from PT 8 M-Powered to PT10, it would end up costing 347,15€, which is actually 10€ less than the straight USD->EUR conversion.

Thomann: 391€
Dv247: 375€ (not digital)

This update price can fuck right off.
Just clarifies to me that analogue gear is worth spending money on and software isnt.

i read everything on this 3d.. were is the matter? i use in studio a PT7 HD system (with 4 digi96, apogee rosetta and so on), and then we have a PT9 on a laptop, just for quantize/editing stuffs. maybe i'm fucking stupid but i prefer the 9 version.

since the studio is not mine, i have no choice, i work on the 7HD, but i like MORE the 9, and i really hope, for a studio's upgrade to the 10 version.

fuckin' stupid, uh?

This is getting pretty old, guys. Honestly, if you're been doing fine with the old HD systems so far, no-one forces you to upgrade anything. Plenty of studios will be running their "obsolete" HD rigs for years.

Life gets easier when you accept this mindset:
1) If I need something, I buy it.
2) If I can't afford it, I'll put money aside until I can.
3) If I think something is too expensive for what it is, then I probably don't genuinely need it.

Like it or not, the HD architecture is ancient technology and it had to be ditched one day. And surprisingly it won't happen for free. Don't worry, though, the current HD rigs won't magically stop working because they're replaced with a newer model.

This is getting pretty old, guys. Honestly, if you're been doing fine with the old HD systems so far, no-one forces you to upgrade anything. Plenty of studios will be running their "obsolete" HD rigs for years.

Life gets easier when you accept this mindset:
1) If I need something, I buy it.
2) If I can't afford it, I'll put money aside until I can.
3) If I think something is too expensive for what it is, then I probably don't genuinely need it.

Like it or not, the HD architecture is ancient technology and it had to be ditched one day. And surprisingly it won't happen for free. Don't worry, though, the current HD rigs won't magically stop working because they're replaced with a newer model.
exactly what i think.. this is why i can't get the point of this 7_page_long_3d..

can i add to your list a point 4?

4) If I can't afford it, and i accept that I'll NEVER have enough money for it, I'll go to work in a someone's studio that have the shit i need.

(number 4 is my choice)

Agreed... The upgrade price is retarded and it's even more retarded that they are already on a whole new version number, but if you could record and mix an album on the system you have now before PT10 was announced, you can probably still record and mix on it now, no?