Awful news....don't know how else to say it

Forgot to say, one of my mates said the other day that there's a thread on the Plymouth Argyle FC forum about this...to me, that's quite unprecedented. That's how far-reaching this is...

very, very sad, especially around here. :cry:
he was such a cool dude in all aspects and its a dirty DIRTY damn shame. and the body guard, mayhem, he was also the king at the local renaissance faire. two very cool guys lost. i'm glad the shooter was kept from hurting anyone else that night, but man, he got off so easy and justice was not done in my eyes. i'm soooo sad and angry and still a bit glazed over about the whole thing. it still hasn't completely sunk in.
he loved us all for our parts in his life, whether we knew him personally or not. i know some people that knew him really well and its just so damn heartbreaking. they're in so much pain right now. we all are, but especially them.
we went by his house the other day and left a little something at his gate. it was good to see everyone being very respectful, even the kids in the huge hot topic pants :p. but yeah, we lost a really really good guy, well, guys.
rock on dimeboy \m/ :(

Whoa, I thought ct abandoned the RC forum. :wave:
ct_thrash said:
i'm glad the shooter was kept from hurting anyone else that night, but man, he got off so easy and justice was not done in my eyes.
Agreed.

One Inch Man said:
Whoa, I thought ct abandoned the RC forum. :wave:
Agreed.
Yeah, but the pussy would've weasled his way thru the mental insane system.

What's more disgusting to me is the fact that the governemnt is not disclosing why he was discharged. Perhaps, because they are partly responsible????

If they hadn't let the guy back into society, this wouldn't have happened.

I sent a letter to the White House urging them to speak on this tragedy.

president@whitehouse.gov

People aren't always discharged for something totally insane. He could have simply been a lazy fuck that refused to conform to the Marines way. They have to weed 'em out some how. But I agree that the government should tell us what's up with that dickhead.

Also . . . I think justice was done. I think Gale got what he deserved . . . a bullet in the face. What more do you want? A two year trial and probation 30 years down the road? Putting friends and family through a trial sucks a dick. Everybody can begin healing so much quicker now that Gale was punished on the spot.

Agreed, Nate ^^^^^

Why waste time with death penalty appeals, taxpayers footing the bill to feed him 3x a day, etc. I'm glad the fucker's dead and I hope he burns in hell for all eternity. If, you know, such a thing exists and all.

Yeah the Kiss Casket is about the dumbest thing ever, but Dimebag worshipped Frehley, so yeah. So be it.

A member on one of the rap boards I frequent posted this:

EXCLUSIVE: Must credit OhioCCW.org

Police have interviewed more than 270 witnesses in the wake of the Columbus nightclub shooting. The mainstream media have interviewed and published stories about dozens of them. But this is a story no one has bothered to tell:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 8:38 AM
Subject: columbus shooting helpless victims

My name is Roger [last name redacted]. My wife and I were at the Al Rosa Villa Dec. 8th for the concert that had several fatal shootings. We were standing right in front of the band member that was fatally shot when it all happened.

All I can say is that I felt SOOO helpless in there. We have been there 5-6 times in 3 years for various events, all of which without personal protection. We are both licenced to carry concealed. I leave my firearm at home for these types of events because of the law. The 'Villa serves alcohol, so no guns. I leave it at home instead of in the car because of the crime (I'd hate to lose my 1911 to a criminal).

Well, last night it all became clear to me. WOW! I stood not 5 feet from a man that was discharging his weapon into the band members head, shoulder and abdomen, then waving and shooting into the audience. I watched as he swapped clips, then I watched as he ran behind the stage where I heard several more rounds fired. I WATCHED!!!

Wow. I could not get far with the panic. I tried to drop to the floor, but my wife would not let me drop because of fear of being trampled. I also have a prosthetic leg. While I have [good] mobility I know when I need to wait for the crowd. So, as I stated a bit ago, I WATCHED!!!

I can not even begin to express the fear I have of crowds now. I felt so helpless to just have to ride it out and to have been lucky enough not to have been shot. I will think very hard before I go into the next victim zone! Feeling this way sucks!

Before last night I would only carry on few dates if I knew I could carry the whole time. Now I am installing my Fingerprint lock safe in our main vehicle so I can feel as safe as possible.

A police officer may have arrived quick and shot the suspect dead, but it was too late for many people!

Roger
Commentary:
This Ohio CHL-holder was standing less than 5 feet away from Nathan Gale when he drew his pistol. But because Roger is a law-abiding citizen, and was obeying Ohio law which bans firearms in any location that serves liquor by the drink, he could do nothing - nothing but watch people die.

This incident reinforces the fact that disarmament zones only disarm honest, law-abiding citizens; not the criminals who prey upon them.

This mass killer broke scores of firearms, liquor and criminal laws in committing this rampage. These same laws did nothing to protect the law-abiding citizens at this event.

Under current Ohio law, bearing handguns for self-defense in establishments which serve drinks under a Class D liquor license is illegal, even for employees. In fact, Ohio's law would prevent SECURITY at this nightclub from carrying a handgun, even if the club owner had wanted them to do so.

When the Ohio House of Representatives passed Sub. House Bill 12 in 2003, specific exemptions were contained to allow bar owners to protect themselves and their patrons. This provision was stripped from the final bill by the state Senate.

Many other states allow concealed handgun license-holders to enter into liquor establishments, and even to consume alcohol, so long as they do not drink to the point of impairment.

Ohio's complete ban on self-defense in liquor establishments has proven time and again to be a complete failure. It is time for Ohio to join the other state's who have recognized there is nothing to fear from law-abiding citizens who choose to defend themselves.

, the webmaster and administrator of the Down board is a friend of
Philip's and had this to say:
I don't have a big official statement. I do have a lot of inside
knowledge on the Pantera feud from Philip's side and tonight he gave me the green light to let everyone else in on what I know. He trusts me to do this,
and I take 100% responsibility for anything that is inaccurate, but I'm
confident you all know I'm not going to touch on this subject unless it's from the heart. He didn't even give me any specifics except for the final part
of this post... he just wants me to tell people what I know to be true.

Philip loved Darrell like a brother, always. They accomplished things
together that most wouldn't even dare to dream. None of us can know
what it's like to be riding such a big machine, it changes the face of music
and brings joy millions of people's lives around the globe. The rewards are
big, but the stress is unimaginable if things don't go perfectly. Yes
Pantera broke up and there was a lot of shit talking through the media. There are two people on this board (WOLVIE and NGJ) who would periodically ask me
about what's going to happen with Pantera in the future. I told them each
time that I don't know when, but I'm 100% sure that we will see Pantera
together again. I told them that when Pantera does get back together,
you will know somebody who never lost faith, not for a second. Why did I
tell them this? Because I know Philip loves those guys and when he was
ready, he would reach out to them and try to make it work again. I had the
feeling that one morning (afternoon maybe), all the CFH boys would just roll
out of the rack and say "let's go!".

Of all the time I've spent with Rex and Philip, I never badgered them
about Pantera, but the subject did come up every once in a while. As for Rex,
he would refer to the state of things simply as "silly nonsense". All I
ever got out of Philip was something like "nyaaaa... I just don't feel like
sitting down and writing Pantera riffs right now."... and that's it! No
crazy accusations, name calling, or carrying on. As a matter of fact,
in the middle of all the heat, Philip described Vinnie as "the perfect
drummer" and that Vinnie could drum more perfect than a drum machine if he so chose. What he said of Dime, he also repeated tonight. "The best of the best".

It's sad that the media would irritate the situation so much. Countless
times, Kate and I would listen in on Phil doing interviews. Always,
always, always, the jackals wanted Pantera dirt. Sometimes Philip would give it to them, sometimes he would not. However every single time I was there, he expressed his love for, and wished luck to Vinnie and Dime but that was
somehow left out of the final print more times than not. I was at
Philip's house a few weeks ago and I informed him that I handle the Official
Pantera site now, and he asked me if I talked to Dime. I said "No, when was the last time YOU talked to him?" with a sigh, he said "three years". Not a
"fuckin right 3 years" not a "yeah three years and it's gonna be three more"...
but the dude was genuinely disappointed about the situation. I could
tell... the time to patch things up was drawing near.

There's more I want to share, but it's almost 5AM right now, and I just
managed to hold myself together long enough to get that out.

Philip isn't hiding out or waiting for the right moment to speak, he's
in Texas right now searching for answers to this tragedy the best he can.
There was one thing he asked of me, that I humbly bring to you all:

Darrell my brother. The best of the best.
-Philip H Anselmo

lurch70 said:
this is cool and too fucking weird at the same time

DIMEBAG DARRELL To Be Buried In KISS KASKET
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=30347
Wow, what an awesome way to go. How's that eh? Dimebag was an inspiration and a peson to respect for several members of this board in life, and he's pwned the lot of you in death! :p My respect for him has increased tenfold.

These new postings are quite telling...what would you say the chances were of the law being changed on account of this shooting?

not.

first of all, despite the tragedy, allowing alcohol and guns in the same places is a BAD idea. this killer was a nutjob, plain and simple, and you can't legislate sanity. the gun lobby is completely safe for another four years with Bush in the White House, just as they were under clinton. plus, as much as I hate to say it, to the vast moron voting public, they simply are not going to place as much value on a guy with the look and name of Dimebag as they would if five kids had been shot in a kindergarten. not not not going to happen. I've already said it, if Columbine didn't change things, this is definitely not going to.