Axe-FXII VS Kemper Metal Clip

Just sold my Axe Fx 2 and replaced it with a Kemper (yeah, as always I'm coooompletey uninfluenced by recent trends here...). Even though I've only got time to spend a day with the Kemper, I'm already enjoying my tones more than what I managed to achieve with the Axe.

The Axe sure is capable of a lot, but when it comes to the standard 5150/Dual recto metal tone, the Kemper seems far more natural sounding from the start. The main challenge with the Axe - at least for me - was finding cab impulses with the right amount of scooped mids and smooth highs. And it sure turned out to being a real challenge.

Just sold my Axe Fx 2 and replaced it with a Kemper (yeah, as always I'm coooompletey uninfluenced by recent trends here...). Even though I've only got time to spend a day with the Kemper, I'm already enjoying my tones more than what I managed to achieve with the Axe.

The Axe sure is capable of a lot, but when it comes to the standard 5150/Dual recto metal tone, the Kemper seems far more natural sounding from the start. The main challenge with the Axe - at least for me - was finding cab impulses with the right amount of scooped mids and smooth highs. And it sure turned out to being a real challenge.

+1 to this.

I did the same thing and my mixes have improved so much over the Axe-FX II, it's not even funny.

I like the Kemper more in both of these clips but i like both still. The Kemper sounds more like a real amp with some breakup, bigger low mids and not as tight.

I'm finding it super beneficial to use my OD808 instead of the onboard TS sim with the Kemper; it's got a loop-feature to switch it in and out like a GCX, too.

A lot of people tend to use a physical TS with the Kemper. I've heard the Kemper TS at 9 o'clock is the equivalent of an actual TS at 12 o'clock.

^ true which is why u cant use ur eyes to dial it in like the physical one. I havent had the chance to listen to any clip yet cause in still ob my phone now :s

I've recently tried some of the ownhammer beta impulses just recently released with my axe, and man does that shit make a monstrous difference.