Ayreon

Gildenlow would be great. I don't think Allen will be on this one, but that's mostly just because he's so busy with other shit right now. Arjen has said though that some of the vocalists will be returning members. Can't remember how many of those he said there'd be though.

but floor's already been confirmed too...

*checks Ayreon website*

ok....he said two, so those are already accounted for. Apparently Gildenlow is confirmed not to be on in :( Oh well, it'll be kickass anyway.

When it comes to Gildenlöw, I believe he said he was interested, but just unable to make it this time. So he could be on in the future.

You're right, he has said that. Arjen even said that he'd love to have him on an Ayreon at some point, but he hasn't found "the" part for him yet and doesn't want to put him to use until he knows he's got the perfect role and will be able to really take advantage of the opportunity to work with him.

Gildenlow, Gildenlow, Gildenlow........ just kiddin, hes Ok

but what about Geoff Tate, wonder if he would take the right role? Damn! Zack Stevens would do a great job too, he's had lots of experience role playing. Both highly expressive vocalists

I strongly disagree with your opinion so instead of bothering to discuss the issue at hand I would just like to point out that you fail at spelling "infinitely".

Good day to you, sir.

Zach always like to let you know if he despises something. Even if he has already let it known like 8 times that he hates Daniel Gildenlow he just has to work his record up! :p

omgonoz.gif

Gildenlow is weak compared to Tate or Stevens but at least he tries passion. Thing is you can tell its from his head not his soul. If the three were to sing together without mics you wouldnt even hear Gildenlow unless he was doing that squealin' thing. He is talented and creative though but nowhere near the bar of real men ..... {tongue planted firmly in cheek}

Im cool with that Meedley but listen and compare the three back to back. Serious lungage coming out of Tate and Stevens. I'd be willing to listen to any points you would make toward Gildenlow. I was temporarally impressed with the one live video posted with the orchestra, I think the song was "Let it Rain" but I forget. I felt he might have the stuff, but from further listening to various studio songs, I gave him a "close but no cigar". I know Zach Stevens weak points but Tate is flawless. Maybe a Gildenlow fan is like a Tate fan, I know a Geoff Tate fan can not be easily swayed and were all still looking for someone to step up and set us back like he did/does. Gildenlow falls short in timbre, power and heart wrenching soul. Im talking a particular style of singing so the likes of Allen (which is another island) cant be compared (just so no one thinks I'd ever compare Tate & Allen).

@ razoredge
I'm just not sure what grounds you're judging on. If you don't think that Gildenlow has any "soul" or "feel" or whatever, then I really don't think you've listened to much of him. I don't mean to say that in a condescending or insulting manner, but that seems to be the one thing that even the Gildenlow haters will give him credit for. I find it kind of strange that you would say he's more technically inclined than he is emotionally (assuming I interpreted the "from the head, not from the sould" comment correctly). There are a lot of spots on their albums where his vocals are noticeably out of tune, which I would imagine was for the sake of keeping an otherwise perfect take. The guy has an incredible range....both in terms of pitch and expression.

I think Tate was a great singer for while, but he's never struck me as being overly expressive and (especially nowadays) isn't exactly stellar in his live performances. Don't get me wrong, I love queensryche, but tate just doesn't have half of what he used to. He and Gildenlow are in totally different leagues....not even in the sense that one is so much better than the other but I just have such a hard time finding common ground between the two...other than that they are both singers. I do definitely think that Daniel would win out both in terms of expression and technical ability AT LEAST at this point in time.

Now, I think if anyone should be drawing Tate comparisons it's Roy Kahn....but that's a whole 'nother discussion.

@ razoredge
I'm just not sure what grounds you're judging on. If you don't think that Gildenlow has any "soul" or "feel" or whatever, then I really don't think you've listened to much of him. I don't mean to say that in a condescending or insulting manner, but that seems to be the one thing that even the Gildenlow haters will give him credit for. I find it kind of strange that you would say he's more technically inclined than he is emotionally (assuming I interpreted the "from the head, not from the sould" comment correctly). There are a lot of spots on their albums where his vocals are noticeably out of tune, which I would imagine was for the sake of keeping an otherwise perfect take. The guy has an incredible range....both in terms of pitch and expression.

I think Tate was a great singer for while, but he's never struck me as being overly expressive and (especially nowadays) isn't exactly stellar in his live performances. Don't get me wrong, I love queensryche, but tate just doesn't have half of what he used to. He and Gildenlow are in totally different leagues....not even in the sense that one is so much better than the other but I just have such a hard time finding common ground between the two...other than that they are both singers. I do definitely think that Daniel would win out both in terms of expression and technical ability AT LEAST at this point in time.

Now, I think if anyone should be drawing Tate comparisons it's Roy Kahn....but that's a whole 'nother discussion.

I myself like Gildenlow. I was going to say this earlier but now this post gives me more of a reason to. You really can't totally judge him unless you really listen to a good bit of his material. This is because there really are a good bit of songs he does not sound real great in, especially in songs he doesn't really do much actual singing (ie. he sometimes does some sort of forceful talk/rap lyrics). Plus, there are also a lot of songs where there just isn't that much room for emotion. Because PoS music can vary quite a bit sometims the vocals can sound quite different from song to song. A good song of PoS that I really think is some of his best vocal work in which has a ton of passion is from the album "BE". The song is called Iter Impius. Maybe you have heard this song and still thinks he sounds like shit, I dunno. The point is there are a lot of songs I don't thing he sounds that good, but since they are so different there are other songs I think he sounds superb. Maybe you just have to try out more than a few songs if you haven't. I also don't know myself if there are bad vocal parts in thier songs due to him recording vocals naturally or not. However, that could be the case?