back cover of 'The Pale Haunt Departure' needed !

Abysmo

Sep 4, 2003
Sosnowiec/Poland
www.republika.pl
Hi,

I realize that my post can meet some sort of outrage, but I really need the back
cover of the latest album ! Unfortunately, in Poland (perhaps in most European countries...) this CD isn't available yet, so temporarily I'd like to make a cd-r
counterpart...anyway, if someone has scans of that back image , feel free to use this address- benighted@o2.pl

Appreciate and regards !

P.S. The album is great , congrats for the band !

barn%20butt%20shot.JPG

Considering the trouble Americans had to go through to get any good heavy metal albums in the 90s, it's pretty silly to expect us to be sympathetic to your local distribution situation.

Is there a reason Polish people can't mail-order?

Oh, You guys are really pathetic with these foto replies..ok, I see, I turn down my request. Speaking of Polish people, hmmm...we're fine :) To be serious, it's really hard to find "The Pale Haunt Departure" in this part of Europe..a few days ago I was in Berlin, and took a long trip searching for this title..unfortunately to no avail...anyway, The End Records' mailorder is probably the best solution...

Cheers!

Abysmo, I did feel this post didn't even deserve a response, but I will give one. I am sorry for the lack of Distro in Poland, and I hope in time this is fixed, and our CD's are more available. I even understand downloading it, or getting a burn of it if you can't find it right away, but you do have the option of mail order, not only from The End, but there ARE European mail orders in Europe that have it for sale. To actually come onto a forum, paid for by the band, and ask for the artwork to complete your bootleg copy is another thing. I'm sorry if I come off as a dick about this, but I cannot help you with this, when obtaining a copy is not that difficult.

Good luck, I hope you do eventually find it.

Yeah, we cannot stop people from downloading our music, and if you're in a part of the world where you cannot obtain a copy then I can understand the desire to download it. But as for needing all of the complete album packaging artwork and such, that's going a bit far I think. It's understandable if a true fan wants the artwork just for his or herself, etc., but there's also alot of bootleggers out there as well, so we have to draw the line somewhere. You can easily find the front cover and the songs available for download if you search the 'net enough I'm sure. That'll have to do until you can finally actually purchase the cd, correct? ;)

Hi Paul,

Yes, You're absolutely right about it...this forum isn't the best place for requesting what I deserve...sorry for raising this subject :-/ hopefully I'll purchase TPHD eventually, regardless of the source...

Speaking of your brand-new album, there are a few brilliant tracks- "Collapse of the falling throe" or "Dark World Burden" (with sort of Opeth-like motive- kicking ass indeed!) but honestly, I come clean that the previous "To Welcome The Fade" was much more impressive to me...don't get me wrong, the new one is decent but...this thrash vein of guitars..a bit too heavy I guess, breaking most of vibe so apparent in "To Welcome..". So, was it intentional that the new LP is much more agressive and intense? Or maybe an element of subconscious progress?

Anyhow, thx for reply and see You in Europe on forthcoming gigs (maybe at ProgPower Fest :)

Take care.

and here's a pic of . . . I don't know honestly. This was just so awesome I had to post it somewhere.

703_lul.jpg

The progression towards a more "thrashier" sound as you called it, was both subconscious and conscious. Alot of our writing is just naturally going in the direction you hear on the new cd, and when we started putting these ideas together into songs, we knew that it was slightly different and heavier than the past. We decided to go with it, and there you have it. I'm glad that people like our older stuff and I realise that perhaps there are people who feel like the older stuff had more atmosphere or whatever the heck they want to label it is, but I tend to disagree. While songs like "Dark World Burden" and "Pale Haunt Departure" show a much more aggressive side to our writing, songs like "Through a Childs Eyes" and "Autumn Reflection" are some of the most moody, honestly heartfelt words and music we've created so far...at least that's the way it makes us feel! And songs like "Collapse..." and "Dead Leaf Echo" are certainly not much of a stretch from older ND material.

With each album we've released, there's been a certain amount of fans each time who say "I like the last album better". That's just the way it goes. I've had alot of new fans who have now heard our whole catalog and say "I prefer your newest cd over your old stuff". We can't try to please everyone, only ourselves, and hope that people will enjoy it. That's pretty much the bottom line.

Torn... Oh god. LOL Anyone that knows me in this band, knows just how much I detest this song. Next to the horrible Synth intro, Before the Wind, on Sculptured Ivy, Torn is a very close second to my least favorite ND song, EVER. (Sorry Eric. haha)

It is SAFE to say, you will never, EVER hear another "Torn" on our CD's ever again.