Back in the 80's......

vomit

Hosebag wannabe
Feb 12, 2002
Somewhere in Time
Visit site
I was a huge fan (as most of us here are/were) of the "Big four" bands of thrash.:hotjump:

I have to say that I liked Anthrrax better than the others. Metallica WAS great. Yet Hetfields' voice was kind of weak IMO. Mustaine & co. were awesome as well.....and yet his voice ranked lower than James. As far as Slayer goes....musically they were a machine. But Araya screams, and does it well. Anthrax had Belladonna, and I really liked his voice. STD and ATL lacked for good production I thought, yet Belladonna's voice was actually that of a singer. And the songs were awesome. When I first heard "AIR" I had no idea anybody could play the drums that fast!:headbang:

Outside of the "Big 4" Iron Maiden and Armored Saint were my favorites. With AS being the best in my opinion. And of course Bush's voice was the major reason why I loved (and still do) AS.

I think the reason why I "burned out" on Metallica was the fact that at EVERY party I went to in High school Metallica would play the whole night. It always gave me great satisfaction to take out Kill 'em All or RTL and pop in the Saint's "Delirious Nomad". More often than not, people would ask about it, and comment on what a great album it was. Metallica after "...and Justice" went way too far into the mainstream (wittingly or not). Bob Rock as producer and then James getting "voice lessons". Come on. Did Bush need "voice lessons"? NOT!

Anyways, when I heard John was going to Anthrax I was rather bitter (as a card carrying member of the AS fan club). Alas, "The Sound of White Noise" made me realize what a great thing it was....especially when the Saint returned with "Revelation" in 2000. What a great and wondrous thing that was. Two great bands with the same great singer.

Anyways, I am none too happy with what the band has done. I know it is not my decision, not my band. But for Chrissakes, they have done so much great work with Bush, that this whole reunion thing, does not sit well with me.

I would like to hear what John has to say.

I know this is ground that has been covered umpteen times on this board but would like to see what everyone else thinks?

I think Scott and Charlie are being disingenuous with the long time fans of Anthrax. I guess we won't know anything until Bush makes a statement. I hope he reads this, and will decide to speak for himself. Hopefully on the official site, but I suppose he could go to www.joeyvera.com, and say something as well.

Alright, my friends, Blatz for all...........

You know I can't understand all this Joey vs John and this reunion sucks topics. I for one am just glad Anthrax is still touring and making albums after all these years. Whatever form they are in I am a fan period. I bet if they go back with John you'll hear all these people go " Big mistake! John sucks!". People are always going to complain.

True, true. I am a fan of Anthrax. I just think there better stuff was with Bush. You know?

To each his own. And as I said, I like both versions. I just think this does not seem right, for most reasons. I just want to hear what John has to say.

Whateva!

Spacebeer, I just want to know did you get any of the "Bush era" albums or not?

I know a lot of folks who were deadset against those albums until they listened to them......

Don't get me wrong I loved the Bush stuff. If the continue with Joey that era can not be ignored.

That's cool. As I said, to each his own....if I knew for 100% Bush would be back I would probably go see the show....but Spitz? I think the guy is NUTS! Just read his 20Q at Metal sludge.......and it's hard to ignore what Scott has said about the guy....how can this reunion NOT be about money?

See:
http://www.metalsludge.tv/main/index.php?module=subjects&func=viewpage&pageid=167

Spitz's interview is funny! there are a couple of lol moments when you see the pictures of him.Anyone who has not read this, should. From one Vomit to another I agree that the bush era in better. I liked the the belladonna stuff but prefer newer stuff with Bush. If they continue on with joey will they sing the stuff they wrote with Bush? Anyway, maybe they should get a different singer altogether so i don't have think about this anymore.

At least we have vomit and Johnny Vomit together if we can't have Bush and Belladonna together.

DeathsHead said:
I think that they sound fire them both and hire Whitfield Crane

I'm a big Whit fan - loved his singing on the Medication record, but could never support this notion.

ThraxDude said:
At least we have vomit and Johnny Vomit together if we can't have Bush and Belladonna together.

As the little brother of Johnny Vomit, I can contest that there would be puke everywhere:puke: . J.V. has proved time and time again that he is the King Pukedaddy.

back in the 80's rap and thrash were cool , these days...........................
I'm glad I grew up in the 80's , now in 2005 I got tons of cd's and ton's of different styles. I can go from Trax to Neil Diamond, Everlast to Sick of It All and Uncle Kracker to Slayer to Ice Cube to Pennywise ....... I'm happy!!!

one good thing with the Now times is the Internerd, For I can go find all the stuff that was damn rare that I wanted back in the '80's. There is almost too many to remember!