Band like a CoB

Finpower

Niinku Perkele
Jun 6, 2007
[Fin]
Wich band is most like a bodom here's my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't really see why nobody has been able to inspect the purest COB sound from '99-'00 and imitate it properly. Those wild vocals, aggressive and catchy riffs, epic melodies and dramatic orchestral hits (and of course the Bodom trademark guitar/keyboard soloing). That style is one of the perfect musical recipes when done correct and there's much more greatness waiting to be explored and composed with it. I hope I still like this music in 20 years so maybe there will be another COB.

I could write a song like that in a couple of hours tops.

I'm not saying it's bad, it sounds awesome, but it's been done before and it's hardly impossible to replicate.

Wintersun managed to record more epic songs in 1 album than Bodom in 7 albums. Sure, I love Bodom, always have and always will, but the fact is, any of the stuff they did between hatebreeder and hate crew deathroll, might be awesome but also easy to make. Lowberg managed to recreate the same awesomeness with his song Bottom of The Barrel on the very first COBOT album. I really dig that song !!

meh I like them to a degree, dunno why. It's a safe sound and they do it reasonably well (or did on the first three albums anyway). Hardly consider myself a tr00 Norther fan or whatever though

Too bad he sucks at being Jari :/ I can't say he sucks at being Alexi because more than enough people come here confusing the 2 bands :l

This band springs to mind. I don't think they're active anymore though.
http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=17451354&ac=now

I think that song sounds generally more like Sinergy, but there's no doubt about what these guys have been listening to. The soloing sounds especially familiar.

Then there's this which at some points sounds like something straight outta Something Wild:

This album has quite a lot of HCDR-ish riffs in it. Could take or leave the sub-par singing parts but its not that bad.