Band Recomendation Thread

KoichCPA

Banned
Oct 15, 2001
Canberra,Australia
Catamenia- Awesome Black metal, nice and fast.

The Black Dahlia Murder- Thanks Brian, This is fuckin awesome, Melodic Death thats so damn brutal it makes my penis hard.

Amon Amarth- Kick.Arse.Fast.Heavy. It's frightfully delicious.

Bloodbath- Best new brutal death band for ages. It's good, If you don't like this your officially a softcock.

Katatonia- They sound like Katatonia, Fast and Heavy sometimes, slow and mellow others.awesome, awesome to the max.

The Crown- I haven't harped on about them for a while, but i will again.
Thrash of the highest level, I actually like these guys more then Slayer.

:worship: :worship: DIMMU BORGIR :worship: :worship:

Even people who HATE black metal should buy Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia!

Also, everyone should own Soul Destruction by The Almighty, its as good as Appetite For Destruction!

I have said it before, and I will keep saying it until everyone in the forum listens and buys them!

Dio - Strange Highways - very underated, I don't see why this isn't more highly regarded. His best album along with Holy Diver IMO, consistent throughout, full of awesome material and some killer tracks.

Grave Digger - Excalibur - probably my favourite album of theirs (usually a toss up between this and their s/t), brilliant heavy power metal concept album about King Arthur. It is more like a heavy metal soundtrack to a musical about King Arthur than a concept album, it truly is awesome. Pick up the Grave Digger 'Middle Ages Trilogy' to get it packaged with two other great albums and bonus tracks at a good price (mine was $39).

I will also second Koichi's recommendation of Katatonia. Pick up 'Last Fair Deal Gone Down' if you haven't already.

:headbang:

The Black Dahlia Murder.....heard them on the radio, and thought they sounded aok. Downloaded a song, and that kicked arse too. I'll have to buy something of theirs at some stage.

Treat
Spread Eagle
EZO
Lee Aaron (especially if you're a Doro fan)
Talon
Every Mother's Nightmare
Harlot's Webb

and as usual because nobody seems to listen.. PINK CREAM 69 FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

Blitzkrieg said:
Talon sound interesting from what I have heard you say about them Trent.

I'm eventually gonna buy the album, just because of his recommendations.

It had better be good! :erk:

You know who I forgot? Lake Of Tears, even though phloggy doesnt like them, but he is lying, im sure of it, though id say their best album would actually be acombination of songs from each of their albums, as they have a few filler tracks on each album, but the brilliant stuff more than makes up for it.

I'm probably gonna have to buy that now. :mad:
Just like I had to buy Cage..

Ive been listening to Cage this morning actually, damn its a great cd, I swear its a combination of Halfords solo stuff and Painkiller, bloody great !:headbang: Have you got it yet, or is it still on the way?

I really like Headstones !:headbang: