Band Recommendations...

hey moose guess what nine is funny and your not :erk:
Your name calling just shows how much of an immature child you are. I think i hear your mommy calling you for nappy time.

and sorry bout the name thing three its just that this is my yahoo name and what not and i have too bad of a memory to remember other names.

oh and orphaned land is pretty good listen to 'storm still rages'

I'm not a fanboy, I just see the six degrees record is more relaxed and diverse...you got all sorts of different songs on that. But scenes from a memory is better, I agree.

Heckelgruber said:
My favourite DT record is SFAM though, I think it's a piece of sheer brilliance from beginning to end (if you can handle slight cheese). At first I hated LaBrie's vocals and thought he sounded very effete and dull but he actually sings beautifully and conveys a lot of feeling very effectively.
+1 ...great album, except for through her eyes (which is decent live tho)

seeing as i've beeen on this odd retro-metal kick for reasons unknown even to me (maybe because i'm kinda old), i'll throw out a couple, wolfmother (this cd is impressive for a first effort [although many riffs are VERY familiar,but the keyboards are a real nice touch) and spiritual beggars, great great band, i could listen to them any time.

NineFeetUnderground said:
and i suppose youre going to be the visionary who helps me down this path of submission and faggotry? youre barking up the wrong tree pal, although its flattering youve become the whining poster boy for the anti-NFU campaign...but its really going to do nothing for you, just fyi.

I'm not anti-NFU, I'm just anti douche bag. I guess there's no point, so I'll keep it to myself when it comes to your posts. <3

Just gave Bloodbath - Resurrection Through Carnage a few spins. Much, much better than the later one (imo imo) and a cut above many death metal records in my admittedly narrow experience. Great guitar sound, decent percussion and production and of course top-notch vocals. Good band.

Heckelgruber said:
Just gave Bloodbath - Resurrection Through Carnage a few spins. Much, much better than the later one (imo imo) and a cut above many death metal records in my admittedly narrow experience. Great guitar sound, decent percussion and production and of course top-notch vocals. Good band.

Yes :cool:

The Nevermore album a few people recommended has it moments, although I'm not into the guy's vocal that much. Sorry to hear about the illness mentioned on another thread today though...

Heckelgruber said:
I usually try and download stuff before buying to make sure I like it. Disappointingly I can't find Enslaved but am currently enjoying Gojira / From Mars To Sirius - cheers bahamut! The Zyklon album isn't bad either :) I've found quite a bit of the other stuff too...

No problem ^^ The other albums don't sound as "epic" but there's some amazing stuff. I'm particularly fond of "Terra Incognita" myself.

NineFeetUnderground said:
then whats the draw? you like listening to circus music which is basically exploiting your wallet for their ridiculous and cheesey jollies? come on.

haha I guess you could put it that way.. I just like the energy that they have as a band.

Mr. Josey Wales said:
anybody got any recommendations for

reggae/jazz

reggae/disco

FUNK???

For funk check out "Centrifugal Funk" by MVP (Mark Varney Project). It's great. Some crazy improv fusion solo's from Frank Gambale, Brett Garsed and Shawn Lane, great sax playing and really really funky bass playing by Jimmy Brown.

Stand out track is "So What".

Mr. Josey Wales said:
Parliament. I love them!!!
Afro.gif