Bands like Opeth

and "Between The Buried and Me" eventhough more of a Hardcore.. or metalcore band.. they have alot of opeth like elements.. and the band members are fans opeth too.. the voice and overall sound is different than opeth but you can sort of find teh opeth sound in it.. but very minor.. they got their own sound going.

the beautiful thing about opeth is that nobody even comes close to their sound; there really aren't many bands out there that you can say "they sound like opeth"...however, you might check out A Perfect Circle's first album "Mer de Noms" (not the newer one tho), also Withering's "Gospel of Madness" (pretty good but opeth does it better)...also like everyone's already said, my dying bride :p i suggest "turn loose the swans"

hi there...
well, i am certainly interested in everyone's suggestions, not bands that sound like Opeth, but rather bands that are interesting to listen to, that push boundaries, that are musicians first... (but i do like something with a beat and a melody--nothing too experimental... and it needs to rock :)...)
so, any more ideas would be greatly appreciated by yet another member of the board.
t

Im looking also for my next new thing. I can only listen to Areyon & Opeth so much..

If you all have the chance check out "amplifier" - which released their first cd on MFN a few months ago. It is kinda like straight up rock with a little psyadelia added in. Excellent stuff.

I know how much you all hate MFN, but if you want to hear 2 tracks, go to http://www.music-for-nations.co.uk/ - then click on "amplifier" on the bottom of page - then click on "SHOW TRACKS" on the right side of screen..

Good stuff.

SodomizerOfMankind said:
you guys are all dumb..the closest band to opeth is Yes...i hear more of Yes in them any band out there

You are the dumb one my friend. Other than having long songs with textures and transitions, the music itself is nothing like Opeth.

If anything theyre more like King Crimson meets Black Sabbath.

cthulufhtagn said:
the beautiful thing about opeth is that nobody even comes close to their sound; there really aren't many bands out there that you can say "they sound like opeth"...however, you might check out A Perfect Circle's first album "Mer de Noms" (not the newer one tho), also Withering's "Gospel of Madness" (pretty good but opeth does it better)...also like everyone's already said, my dying bride :p i suggest "turn loose the swans"
mer de noms is among my fave albums of all time but he/she must hear the second album, too. :Spin:

RjBeals said:
Im looking also for my next new thing. I can only listen to Areyon & Opeth so much..

If you all have the chance check out "amplifier" - which released their first cd on MFN a few months ago. It is kinda like straight up rock with a little psyadelia added in. Excellent stuff.

I know how much you all hate MFN, but if you want to hear 2 tracks, go to http://www.music-for-nations.co.uk/ - then click on "amplifier" on the bottom of page - then click on "SHOW TRACKS" on the right side of screen..

Good stuff.
they are quite interesting. yeah i'll deffo check them out

[QUOTE=
Dissection (obvious most here already know this) - shit these guys ruled...
all Opeth fans should have them in their collection. What a talent Jon Nodtveidt was... talent which to me just about matches Akerfeldt... Too bad he wasn't nearly the great guy Mike is.[ QUOTE=

and they still rule , the new line up is full with pics of Jon and two new guys. they're going to start recording this september i believe. :headbang: