Bands like Opeth

Don Corleone said:
mer de noms is among my fave albums of all time but he/she must hear the second album, too. :Spin:

yeah i really love mer de noms and i went out and bought the new one a while ago actually...i just don't really find it musically anywhere close to opeth! i was disappointed it wasn't as heavy as the first one...just twice as depressing lol

Monsterxman said:
Weakling - short lived band from San Francisco (1 cd). Destroys all other black metal bands I've ever heard... long songs. A bit hard to find... but well worth it if you can...

Took your advice and bought this Weakling CD - from all the reviews I could read on the band, they must have really kicked ass for that 1 cd. If anyone else wants it, Here's the link:

http://aquariusrecords.org/cat/metalblackmetal7.html

Scroll down a little when the page opens..

WEAKLING Dead As Dreams (tUMULt) cd 13.98 USD

might anyone be willing to send me a weakling song? im not that big into black metal anymore: save the classics, ulver, burzum, emperor and abigor...but ive always wanted to check out weakling due to the insane reviews. any help would be much appreciated! :)

Disillusion is the best of the year so far for me.

Another band you might like is Orphand Land. Their new one is called Mabool.

Arcturus are great, are different to opeth but a good listen, "the Sham Mirrors" is a great album, pity Garm left.
Agalloch are brilliant
Pain Of Salvation are a good band also, Remedy Lane is a fucking good album

ummmm

i havent heard Aryeon yet but how does it rate?

Similar to Opeth?
Opeth has a different style of music or maybe has its own genre.

Opeth is Opeth.

Arcturus, Winds and Agalloch are awsome too. They have a different approach and style in music also. These bands are great!!!

The Evil Toucan said:
Not mentioned yet but great in their own rights are the mighty Enslaved (they put out the best metal album of 2003 imo) and Woods of Ypres.

Agreed. Enslaved is one of the few truly innovative and consistantly fresh metal bands in the scene.

If you like Brave Murder day then check out Rapture's album Song for the withering. I agree that Agalloch doesn't sound like Opeth but I can't help thinking of Opeth when I hear their great music. Also try and check out a Chilean band called Mar de grises They sort of remind me of Opeth too. Check out Saturnus first album paradise belongs to you, it's really great. Other bands might be Green Carnation and In The Woods :)

Blackwater_Park said:
Search for Ulver (Bergtatt album)
Hmmmmmmmm... Pathos too...
Divinity Destroyed is not so Aggressive, but their music is cool...

hhaha wtf man. divinity is this fuckin local band from my town, in newjersey. weirrrd. i'm sure it's the same band, they're quite big now, and play metal music.