Bands that you fucking HATE.

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
I'm not talking bands you dislike, bands that pissed you off because they released a crapfest album after genius, bands you think are overrated, no.

I speak of bands that make you hurt your stereo, like I just did. :mad:

Nu-metal wank like Linkin Park and Papa Roach. Pop-punk shit like Green Day and Blink 182. Emo bollocks like Funeral For A Faggot. Marilyn Manson and other pseudo-gothic faggot crap. Nirvana. Fans of these and people who try and make excuses for 'em I hate even more. Add to that people who try and make excuses for new Metallica and Slayer albums.

Ayeka said:
Nu-metal wank like Linkin Park and Papa Roach. Pop-punk shit like Green Day and Blink 182. Emo bollocks like Funeral For A Faggot. Marilyn Manson and other pseudo-gothic faggot crap. Nirvana. Fans of these and people who try and make excuses for 'em I hate even more. Add to that people who try and make excuses for new Metallica and Slayer albums.
First of all, I respect your healthy amount of hate. :)
Most of this stuff though, while bad, doesn't bother me enough to call it hate. It's hard for me to hate something that I'm just rather indifferent on as a whole. I find that most of my hate ends up getting directed at metal simply because it's the genre I care most about.

So I'll start it off with a bang.

I hate everything Devin Townsend has ever done with blind fury. :devil:

bloodfiredeath said:
First of all, I respect your healthy amount of hate. :)
Cheers :cool:

Most of this stuff though, while bad, doesn't bother me enough to call it hate. It's hard for me to hate something that I'm just rather indifferent on as a whole. I find that most of my hate ends up getting directed at metal simply because it's the genre I care most about.
Heh, fair enough! I still hold a meaty grudge because I was growing up and getting into Metal while all the nu-metal thing was at its peak. That was bad enough. Then the 'rock revolution' thing came and went, then pop-punk was big, now...I dunno. FFAF and Biffy Clyro and that crap seem to be making waves in the magazines now. Nirvana's always been brought to me by gromits to piss me off. After a few years you and your friends find your niche and so can largely ignore all this, but every so often some prat turns up to remind you why you don't listen to it :loco:

Nirvana always did and always will completely rule. That is all. :loco:

I'm with bloodfiredeath, there is a fine line between love and hate, and pitiful excuses of "metal" bands receive the brunt of my wrath. For example, emo sucks ass (especially the infamous Emo Sweater), but it's not worth my time or effort to spew hate toward it.

what was Soilwork like? Did the lead singer want you to lick his bald head or something?

@bloodfiredeath - I like Devin's muisc, but I don't have the blind devotion a lot of his fans have. I don't really like SYL all that much. After a few listens, his stuff gets bland, like his newest release. But I still think Terria and Ocean Machine are very high quality works. I think Devin gets a lot of shit because people try to equate his music with prog, when it has nothing to do with prog whatsoever.

Let's see, I hate the following bands because people associate them with metal and I have to deal with that:
Poison
Warrant
(all other glam rock bands)
Motley Crue
Judas Priest
KISS
Aerosmith
AC/DC

Also, all country bands/singers I would say I hate. Talk about shit music.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

I like both Soilwork (well, just Natural Born Chaos) and Dream Theater, so do y'all hate me now?