Bands that you fucking HATE.

yeah, Infinity is quite bad IMO. And Accelerated Evolution is pretty good, but hardly his best. I'd suggest Terria as well.

Black Winter Day said:
you're going on my ignore list for those comments, i hope you know.
Which comments in particular did you disagree with in particular? The tea bagging? :loco:

Dreamlord said:
yeah, Infinity is quite bad IMO. And Accelerated Evolution is pretty good, but hardly his best. I'd suggest Terria as well.
3 million CD's out there that I've yet to hear. Are you honestly telling me to buy Terria? No, didn't think so... :Smug:

bloodfiredeath said:
Any band that when you describe them, the words metal and folk are both used, can drink a dick.

I'm listening to Vintersorg right now and I assume he fits into this category. I own three of his cds and find them to be quite good.

On topic, one band that just irritates me is Korn. As much for their music as the morons who think metal consists of nothing but bands such as this.

JayKeeley said:
Which comments in particular did you disagree with in particular?
all. "ocean machine" is the most genius album of all time, "terria" not far behind. and i'm no simple fanboy. if you don't like those two in particular, then you are officially beyond hope. iced earth has not been good for your diet. i'm still trying to figure out how you can hate "infinity" so much. :confused: i blame it on lack of THC.

I has to be stated that ManOwaR are one of the most triumphant Metal bands ever to be born. It is Fact :)

Black Winter Day said:
i'm still trying to figure out how you can hate "infinity" so much.
Probably because it didn't match the immense hype that this character gets (particularly amongst prog circles). Honestly, Infinity was disappointing. So was his appearance at ProgPower.

OK so far, I've heard Infinity, Accelerated Evolution, and Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing, and I didn't like any of them. Certainly not enough to go out and buy more of his releases. If Terria and Ocean Machine are worlds apart from those albums, then I'll try out a tape / CD-R.

By the way, I think his production skills are good.

I'm a fairly devoted Devin fan, and I think Infinity often comes across as incoherent...but calling it one of the worst albums ever is a stretch...and if any of his albums could change your stance on him, it would be Terria, or Ocean Machine.

Well, there are certainly worse albums than Infinity, St. Anger, Q2K, Diabolus in Musica, Cold Lake, and Risk, but those are from lesser bands where the expectations are perhaps lower.

I have to imagine that my experience with going for Infinity first was the equivalent of somebody starting with Queensryche, say, at Q2K. It just leaves that sour taste...