Good bands that cause more harm than good

Dead_Lioness said:
i hate EDGUY.
Wrong thread. You can wipe Edguy off the face of the planet and absolutely nothing would change. The world would neither be better off or worse off had they never existed. However, if you feel the need to change your answer to Iron Maiden, Savatage, or Helloween, then be my guest.

I chose At the Gates (specifically Slaughter of the Soul) because, although PHENOMENAL, it has spawned way too many clones that we do not need. They waste space on record labels when there are too many unsigned bands with better material waiting to get their music released.

If you don't think At the Gates did a lot of harm to the metal world you're just silly. :)

JayKeeley said:
Well, first of all, can I wager a bet and say that Helloween will be mentioned more than any other band in this thread?

Otherwise, it's tough to pin it on a band, but can I list an album?

SLAUGHTER OF THE SOUL.

Enough said.
I understand where you guys are going with SotS, but it's silly to blame them without blaming Slayer for "Reign In Blood." Let's face it, without that landmark thrash album, Tompa & co. would probably be in an Alice In Chains clone band.

Dead_Lioness said:
who the hell is the idiot that thinks At The Gates fits this category ??????
:err:

however, i agree. power metal should die.
therefor- Manowar is the most useless band ever.
along with EDGUY.
god.
i hate EDGUY.
Not to mention the fact that Manowar isn't even close to a "power metal" band. :Smug:

Yeah, I'll agree with bands like Slayer and Possessed.

Note: most of the bands I listed gave us such brilliance that it was worth the trade off to hear a million clones.

I think the Catholic Church should have kept the ban on music, then we wouldn't have all this trouble.

delightr.jpg

Demonspell said:
Helloween - they deserve most of the blame for derivative power metal, along with Judas Priest

Manowar - for inspiring idiots to take true metal rhetoric seriously

and I'm going to get slaughtered for this one:

Darkthrone - for championing the emphasis on shit production

I'm not a fan of any of the above, but most people are ignoring the "good bands" part... :)
That last sentance and the Darkthrone bit just about saves you from a trip to the ovens :p