katatonia

cthulufhtagn

Went Out for Smokes 13 Years Ago
Jul 19, 2004
south of washington
katatonia is one of my favorite bands but they don't seem to be a band that is ever discussed or even mentioned in this forum. did i miss the katatonia hate thread or something? what do you guys think about them, esp. their newer stuff?

One of my favorite bands, and i like all their stuff. I cant say this for many bands, but i like every album from the early stuff to the later. brave murder day and last fair deal gone down are my favorites. Liked viva, and look foward to the new one! Wish they would tour the U.S...

i really really really like brave murder day and viva emptiness.

the others are good.

i have not heard dance of december souls or discouraged ones.

wtf.

i just tried to buy it with an amazon gift card but they told me NO!

but yeah, i really need that one. not sure why i don't own it by now.

Everything from "Brave Murder Day" to "Last Fair Deal Gone Down" will never leave my shelves. I admit being slightly disappointed by "Viva Emptiness" so far, but I should give it a few extra spins, only I don't feel like at the moment.

I love everything up to "Dicouraged Ones" (which happends to be my favorite), and like everything up to "Tonight's Decision". Didn't care for "Viva Emptiness" at all...

I think Jhva Elohim Meth... is very good, damn it's hard to track down though.

I like about everything Katatonia has recorded, very good band that has evolved naturally.

Perhaps I will be slain for this, but I've heard only Brave Murder Day. While I recognize the fact that it is a good album, it did not kick my dick in and I have no desire to listen to it further. :(

Besides the fact that just about every Katatonia album has one song significantly weaker than the rest (except maybe DO), I can't say anything bad about these guys, few bands trigger as many emotions for me and I love Anders' guitar tone in the gay way.
NAD: Knowing your tastes, I'd fill in the gap between BMD & VE first, either direction should work.

MFJ said:
Perhaps I will be slain for this, but I've heard only Brave Murder Day. While I recognize the fact that it is a good album, it did not kick my dick in and I have no desire to listen to it further. :(

MFJ said:
dude go listen to brave like 6 times in a row and tell me it doesn't rock. "if you didn't knoooooooooow..." *jizz*
Demonspell said:
NAD: Knowing your tastes, I'd fill in the gap between BMD & VE first, either direction should work.
cool. i'll probably pick up some more o' them shitz soon, coming up on good katatonia weather soon. i have brave murder day, tonight's decision, last fair deal, and viva emptiness. and they all rock pretty hard.

blakkheim has like the perfect guitar tone and is an absolute badass riff making machine. even with their not-so-awesome songs there's still like at least 1 killer riff to be found.