Bands With Only ONE Good Song...!

I used to listen to KoRn back in the 90s. Their lyrics were never good. The lyrical content that makes up 99% of their songs would go something like this:

why do I feel this way? Hate. Blame. Fuck shit lame. *animal noises*
etc

:lol: I'm glad you're back.

I'd agree that those kinda lyrics should be banned, yes. :lol:

Hahahaohlordylol etc.

Although seriously, I think the idea of a "freak on a leash" is interesting because of the way society always attempts to constrict and control people's behaviour and mindset through peer pressure on many different levels. Try to summon the mental fortitude to understand this, if you can.

Oh, um hang on, hmmmmm, no that's far too deep a concept for a simpleton like myself to fathom. I take my hat off to you for discovering the true underlying socio-political genius in that song. And here I was thining it was just a bunch of 90s "I'm different from everyone and I'm going to cry about it" nonsense.

Hahahaohlordylol etc.

Oh, um hang on, hmmmmm, no that's far too deep a concept for a simpleton like myself to fathom. I take my hat off to you for discovering the true underlying socio-political genius in that song. And here I was thining it was just a bunch of 90s "I'm different from everyone and I'm going to cry about it" nonsense.

yeah you got owned.

You listen to Black Metal so I think we can exclude you from the list of people who can judge what constitutes good lyrics :lol::lol::lol:

"When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
A chill rises
From the soil
And contaminates the air
Suddenly...
Life has new meaning"

yeah, obviously every black metal song is about those subjects... :rolleyes:

The only song I like from Tyr is "Hail to the Hammer". It's pretty much the only clean-vocaled song I like.

Kivimetsan Druidi's "Blacksmith" too. Although I like the rest of their music now that I've listened to all of their albums (yes, all 2 of them) a billion times. It's fun to belt out the annoying female vocals in my car while driving, and watching the people around me laugh.

I might get shot for this one, but Blut Aus Nord's "Choir of the Dead". I LOVE black metal, and atmospheric is pretty cool, but really I'd rather listen to emperor and Limbonic art. Except for this one song.

Perhaps ye peasants misunderstood me. I didn't mean that Black Metal as a genre sucks (because there are definitely some good-sounding, skilled BM bands out there), but I did mean that most Black Metal lyrics in general do suck (although obviously there are exceptions to this rule as well). I think it would be a fair statement to say that Black Metal fans mostly enjoy it mainly for reasons other than the lyrics. I also listen to some songs that have excellent musicianship and sound great, but have lyrics that are somewhat lacking, but at least I'm level-headed enough to admit it. :rolleyes:

Perhaps ye peasants misunderstood me. I didn't mean that Black Metal as a genre sucks (because there are definitely some good-sounding, skilled BM bands out there), but I did mean that most Black Metal lyrics in general do suck (although obviously there are exceptions to this rule as well). I think it would be a fair statement to say that Black Metal fans mostly enjoy it mainly for reasons other than the lyrics. I also listen to some songs that have excellent musicianship and sound great, but have lyrics that are somewhat lacking, but at least I'm level-headed enough to admit it. :rolleyes:

So you post a bunch of awful lyrics, then in defense you criticize an entire genre you don't even listen to. Then you backtrack but hey, at least you're level-headed unlike everyone else, right?

So you post a bunch of awful lyrics, then in defense you criticize an entire genre you don't even listen to. Then you backtrack but hey, at least you're level-headed unlike everyone else, right?

Did you not read what I just said? Firstly, I already explained why I found certain aspects of those lyrics in the Korn song meaningful (although I do generally hate all of their songs except that one).

I never criticized Black Metal as a whole, just the general lyrical drift, and contrary to your beliefs, I have listened to quite a bit of black metal before, which is how I know what the general nature of the lyrics is, but if anyone knows a really good Black Metal band that doesn't do the whole cliched goat-shagging devil-jacking-off routine, I'll gladly fire it up right now and have a listen. :headbang:

Did you not read what I just said? Firstly, I already explained why I found certain aspects of those lyrics in the Korn song meaningful (although I do generally hate all of their songs except that one).

I never criticized Black Metal as a whole, just the general lyrical drift, and contrary to your beliefs, I have listened to quite a bit of black metal before, which is how I know what the general nature of the lyrics is, but if anyone knows a really good Black Metal band that doesn't do the whole cliched goat-shagging devil-jacking-off routine, I'll gladly fire it up right now and have a listen. :headbang:

Sure...and in defense of your post, you criticize an entire genre. Hint: When you criticize the "lyrical drift" from an entire genre you're generalizing and criticizing the entire genre. Be level-headed and just admit to what you said. ;)

And if you've listened to quite a number of black metal bands you must have come across some lyrical diversity. Even if you only listen to a handful of the most well-known black metal bands...