Bands you feel are overrated

Not all of their songs are mindless noise. Listen to I lit Your Baby On Fire or You're A Cop. You can't tell me those songs aren't catchy. When they play mindless noise, they do it on purpose but they also have a few catchy ones as well.

??? so your saying that just because it has a catchy tune every now and then makes it good? where the hell does that separate itself from pop music then. Having a few catchy riffs in a giant pile of shit doesnt make it any better than a justin beiber song or a 30 second jingle for a used car dealership.

imo, respect lies in knowing that the artist has put actual thought into what music they play, what lyrics they sing, and their chosen style. grindcore, noiscore, w/e will always be garbage in my eyes because of the simple fact that its lazy and does nothing but add stereotypes the metal scene.

Well, I basically meant, that time hasn't been good for their old albums. And I do recognzie them as one of the creators of heavy metal, and for that they deserve praise, but they also receive praise for making good music which is bullshit.

I am sure I'll get killed for agreeing with you, not that I give a shit, but it is true. Black Sabbath is so fucking over rated and always has been. I was thinking that today when I heard them on the radio. Ozzy's voice is a fucking joke. In fact, come to think of it, all of the 'pioneers' of heavy metal are pretty shitty. Maiden is vastly overly lauded. Priest sucks. Sabbath sucks. So, the holy trinity of the past is pretty much a total bore. Venom, the so called 'first black metal band', is atrocious as well.

Bathory is an example of a good band, but one clearly over rated by the majority of people on this forum.

November's Doom is also over rated. They have one great album (The Novella Reservoir) and some decent songs scattered throughout the rest of their discography. They're not deserved of the praise they get.

I find most over rated bands have one thing in common: they have one or two great albums out of 6 or 7, 8 or 9, and since those two albums are great, the band itself is great. Not true.

Oh and Vital Remains is an over rated band, too.

Bring on the FLAMMMEE

I am sure I'll get killed for agreeing with you, not that I give a shit, but it is true. Black Sabbath is so fucking over rated and always has been. I was thinking that today when I heard them on the radio. Ozzy's voice is a fucking joke. In fact, come to think of it, all of the 'pioneers' of heavy metal are pretty shitty. Maiden is vastly overly lauded. Priest sucks. Sabbath sucks. So, the holy trinity of the past is pretty much a total bore. Venom, the so called 'first black metal band', is atrocious as well.

Bathory is an example of a good band, but one clearly over rated by the majority of people on this forum.

November's Doom is also over rated. They have one great album (The Novella Reservoir) and some decent songs scattered throughout the rest of their discography. They're not deserved of the praise they get.

I find most over rated bands have one thing in common: they have one or two great albums out of 6 or 7, 8 or 9, and since those two albums are great, the band itself is great. Not true.

Bring on the FLAMMMEE

Cmon man, what are you talking about? Thats not true.

Bring on the FLAMMMEE
You suck.

I agree apart from the canadian War Metal,AoA are great but they are on the tame side as far as the genre goes.Sounds like you're as fond of War metal as I am of brutal/slam DM.

Haha, I actually love War Metal, but I am fonder of the Australian scene. Even though I'm from Canada. I'm not very patriotic.

Haha, I actually love War Metal, but I am fonder of the Australian scene. Even though I'm from Canada. I'm not very patriotic.
I now understand what you were getting at,the Canadian scene has been hyped to hell and rightly so but you are right in that the Aussie scene kind've went overlooked.Friggin sux that bands like Bestial Warlust,Abominator and Sad Ex have all basically finished.:kickass:

Ride The Lightning is better than 90 percent of other metal albums. There would be no dark heavy melodic metal music without it. Majority of the metal bands I like would probably not even have formed, but that's just my opinion.

Ride The Lightning is better than 90 percent of other metal albums. There would be no dark heavy melodic metal music without it. Majority of the metal bands I like would probably not even have formed, but that's just my opinion.

In what way are you defining "dark heavy melodic metal music" such that Into the Void, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Satan's Fall, etc don't fit under the term?