Bands you feel are overrated

Rage Against the Machine's first album is classic...Heavy moving riffs with kick ass solos...Great Rapping and lyrics? I can see why you won't like the rap or whatever but those riffs are sexy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk2uObQDKtw&feature=related[/ame]

I hate nu metal these days but Rage was way ahead of it's time and the best of it's kind.

Here's mine:
-Machine Head
-Children Of Bodom (what the hell did they do to become so popular?)
-Dream Theater (yeah, they're very good, but their success is puzzling)
-Meshuggah
-Cannibal Corpse (overrated, but still awesome, though!)
-Six Feet Under
-Cradle Of Filth (good, but VERY overrated)
-Any of those shitty deathcore/metalcore scene bands like Bring Me The Horizon that mags like Metal Hammer are constantly plugging...
-And of course, the most overrated fucking thing out there:
$lipknot

Here's mine:
-Machine Head
-Meshuggah
-Six Feet Under
-Any of those shitty deathcore/metalcore scene bands like Bring Me The Horizon that mags like Metal Hammer are constantly plugging...

lol you took the words out of my mouth. I was gonna mention most of those bands lol!

A bit more, but it's mostly just standard Maiden-derived thrash with short neoclassical runs interjected here and there. And after listening to Eternal Devastation yesterday I was further reminded of why it doesn't impress me much, as United By Hatred alone accomplishes pretty much everything Coroner was trying to do there. That style of thrash gets me hard, but others did it better.

Blind Guardian is one of those bands that I don't even know why I don't like them. I can see their consistency, their willingness to adapt new sounds without jumping the shark, their musical competency, but altogether they still put me to sleep. I'd rather listen to Stratovarius, even though I know they suck.

Stopped bothering to care after reading 'Maiden-derived thrash'. Try coming up with a criticism that's original for once. Thanks.

Here's mine:
-Machine Head
-Meshuggah
-Six Feet Under

Most of those bands suck, but I really don't feel, that they are overrated (except Slipknot). Everyone seems to hate those, except their 14-year old fans.

The most overrated bands that come to my mind right know are Led Zeppelin, Trivium, Volbeat and Black Sabbath. From the more extreme side, At the Gates. How does everyone seem to like that shit?

Stopped bothering to care after reading 'Maiden-derived thrash'. Try coming up with a criticism that's original for once. Thanks.

The first time I listened to RIP I had the middle Genghis Khan riff stuck in my head all day. And I loved it. If others have said that before me, it only reinforces the legitimacy of my argument.

Most of those bands suck, but I really don't feel, that they are overrated (except Slipknot). Everyone seems to hate those, except their 14-year old fans.

The most overrated bands that come to my mind right know are Led Zeppelin, Trivium, Volbeat and Black Sabbath. From the more extreme side, At the Gates. How does everyone seem to like that shit?
Oh my god, Volbeat! :lol:
I should of mentioned them, I haven't stopped hearing about them recently!

Black Sabbath, I suppose, overrated or not, deserve respect for the fact that they started the whole thing... I can see why some people would find them overrated.

Emperor is overrated and this is coming from a black metal fan. None of their songs have cohesiveness, seriously.

Agreed. Emperor just make annoying music. Can't stand symphonic black metal. Add the fact that SYMPHONIC black metal makes no sense.

Here's mine:
-Machine Head
-Meshuggah
-Six Feet Under

Yeesh.

Meshuggah are the one band over any other that has pushed metal in a truly new direction the last 15 years.

As I explained earlier on in the thread, overrated implies that the band gets more praise than they deserve, which is pretty much incorrect.

Try the fuck again.

Black Sabbath definitely gets more praise, than they deserve, they fucking sucked back then, and suck ten times as much nowadays.

Because The Red in the Sky is Ours is one of the top 10 best death metal albums.

Well, that's just like your opinion, man.

Add the fact that SYMPHONIC black metal makes no sense.

How does symphonic black metal not make sense?