Bands you feel are overrated

I appreciate Devin,Terria is an awesome album although I see how his name ended up here.One of those bands that inevitably gets mainstream exposure,probably due to his vocals.He's a bit of a wanker and all the rest of it but I do enjoy some of his stuff every now and then but in no way would I consider him to have any weight in the metal scene.He's got more in common with Andrew W.K. than a Morbid Angel or Pagan Altar.

tbh the first two Coroner albums are overrated. Some great songs, but it mostly blends together, especially Vetterli's solos which were mostly mediocre at that point. His creative growth the following year(s) was amazing. Still my favorite thrash band, though.

Punishment for Decadence is overrated; if anything, R.I.P. is underrated.

I appreciate Devin,Terria is an awesome album although I see how his name ended up here.One of those bands that inevitably gets mainstream exposure,probably due to his vocals.He's a bit of a wanker and all the rest of it but I do enjoy some of his stuff every now and then but in no way would I consider him to have any weight in the metal scene.He's got more in common with Andrew W.K. than a Morbid Angel or Pagan Altar.

Funny thing you mention Andrew WK. I really like his albums.

Punishment for Decadence is overrated; if anything, R.I.P. is underrated.

I like RIP, but I don't think it's amazing or even much more than good. It's like the middle riff of Iron Maiden's Genghis Khan extrapolated over an album's duration. Punishment for Decadence does lose points for being their only release that wasn't a significant stylistic shift over the previous, though.

Inlé;9668830 said:
As much as I love some of their albums. Blind Guardian are certainly in the overrated category - They're at the point where they could shit out a nu-metal album if they wanted to and their hardcore fans would still lap it up.

I've always found the phenomenon of one of their filler tracks being so popular among the fanbase amusing as well. Of course I'm talking about the Bard's song (in the forest).

Blind Guardian bores the piss out of me (there isn't another major Euro-power band I like less), but I don't think that is a fair statement. What albums have they ever "shit out"? I don't think that they have an album that can be pointed at as the shark-jumper. Fans of their newer stuff won't like their earlier speed/thrash material, fans of the old stuff may not care for their more progressive stuff, and Nightfall is pretty much flower metal, but for what any of those albums are, they are still competent. They have a good quality control system going.

Ok I'll bite, I'd say Belphegor. They're a band that basically releases the same album every time but they have redeeming moments of epicness. The fact that people constantly compare them to Behemoth annoys me. They're a good band but IMO they can't really compare from a creative standpoint. One of the reasons I like Behemoth so much is due to the fact they've kept it pretty interesting over the years. Belphegor on the other hand......not so much. Far too much credit for playing music that about 1000 other bands could write/play.

I like RIP, but I don't think it's amazing or even much more than good. It's like the middle riff of Iron Maiden's Genghis Khan extrapolated over an album's duration.

There's a lot more to that album than you suggest. Also, not liking Blind Guardian is a stupid thing to do.

There's a lot more to that album than you suggest. Also, not liking Blind Guardian is a stupid thing to do.

A bit more, but it's mostly just standard Maiden-derived thrash with short neoclassical runs interjected here and there. And after listening to Eternal Devastation yesterday I was further reminded of why it doesn't impress me much, as United By Hatred alone accomplishes pretty much everything Coroner was trying to do there. That style of thrash gets me hard, but others did it better.

Blind Guardian is one of those bands that I don't even know why I don't like them. I can see their consistency, their willingness to adapt new sounds without jumping the shark, their musical competency, but altogether they still put me to sleep. I'd rather listen to Stratovarius, even though I know they suck.

Ok I'll bite, I'd say Belphegor.

Yeah, they've released good and awful albums. Last one is just good, not great. Better than the last one at least. I still like the band for albums like Bondage Goat Zombie and Lucifer Incestus. Also they play great live shows.

Also, not liking Blind Guardian is a stupid thing to do.

One of the few power metal bands I still listen to. Their old stuff is fucking great.

A bit more, but it's mostly just standard Maiden-derived thrash with short neoclassical runs interjected here and there. And after listening to Eternal Devastation yesterday I was further reminded of why it doesn't impress me much, as United By Hatred alone accomplishes pretty much everything Coroner was trying to do there. That style of thrash gets me hard, but others did it better.

You're so annoying and this is why I rarely even read your posts. Also so many of your opinions suck.