Bands you feel are overrated

Many people who like Slayer also like Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson and other trashy idiot-bands. It's a very bro-ish band in many ways, despite of how revered they are in the underground.

Some of Devin Townsend's older works imo are a bit lacking in interesting riffs, but the way he layers his effects to create an atmosphere is mindblowing at times, nothing short of genius. Many noteworthy albums. I can see the negative appeal, but I think he is deserving of his status in the metal community. Some of his fans have one hell of a superiority complex though.

Alien was his best by far and City is nowhere near the masterpiece fans hype it as being. The New Black was mediocre.

I admit to preferring Townsend's more "traditionally constructed" albums.

The New Black and Accelerated Evolution are my favorite albums of his, respectivily (Project/Band - SYL).

If I say the band I have in mind most people on this site would come and burn my house down.

If I say the band I have in mind most people on this site would come and burn my house down.

Chances are that band sucks and the people who like that band. I'll burn their house down. Fuck 'em all, burn it down.