Bands you feel are overrated

Shut the fuck up with the they ripped off carcass shit. Arch enemy was just never any good.
I have never heard anyone say it before and I couldn't care less if they did anyway...only been on the forum for about a month.

My point is true anyway I will say it again Arch E riffs are a cheap rip off of Carcass Heartwork days but not even half as good.

lol @ the idea that those bands somehow constitute the most important black metal bands, Burzum aside.

Darkthrone, Gorgoroth and Dissection are pretty damn important. If you can't see them as being influential/important then you are legally retarded, regardless of your opinion on their music.

Black metal as a genre is overrated in some circles. While not inherently smug, the raw simplicity of the majority of the genre's offerings excludes it from the pedestal it is often placed on.

Black metal as a genre is overrated in some circles. While not inherently smug, the raw simplicity of the majority of the genre's offerings excludes it from the pedestal it is often placed on.

Well Darkthrone (for example) is simplistic in technique and execution, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's simplistic or limited in composition or artistic scope.

And what's wrong with simplicity?

And what's wrong with simplicity?

There is nothing wrong with simplicity, but black metal as a genre gets fellated far beyond what it deserves by many (on this board at least), while much more deserving work (imo) gets disregarded or downplayed for not being, in short, like black metal.

Edit: The "black metal" bands that I do enjoy on occasion usually get blasted by the "trve" crowd as being bastards of the genre (Windir, Enslaved, Hollenthon, etc.), while imo they have taken the good aspects of black metal and put them to more productive use.

There is precious little to "get", which is my point (something that BM shares with rap, although the two genres could not be further apart). But you are welcome to try and explain it.

:lol:

No matter how much I explain you won't buy what I have to say (and I was willing to try until your rap comparison.)

You're going to be as willfully ignorant as you wish to be no matter what someone says to try and convince you otherwise.

Only thing I will say is that you honestly think there is nothing to "get", no point, to something such as this?

Last edited by a moderator: