bands you like and hate!

WOW!:OMG: ok this is something I would have never thought of ever hearing mentioned here or ever again in my life. I saw these guys a couple of times in the early 90s. I was in this short ska period.:lol: I was just telling Jamie about this the other day, and seeing The Toasters, Specials, Dance Hall Crasher and others I can't remember.

Speaking of ska and Volbeat; Loonakics kind of are a cross of the two. In some regards I would say the band is better than Volbeat since they aren't using the AC/DC approach and all their songs don't sound the same like Volbeat. They are also a bit ealrier than Volbeat I do believe.
I do like Volbeat, it is really good a catchy. There is nothing there that is a work of art, but good nonetheless. I also think those out there who really dislike this band, well I think that is nothing more than the same thing has those cool people who hate Ghost - almost just as bad as a hipster in my opion. No one can denied the hooks and how catchy Volbeat is. Seriously I can understand getting burnout on them, but not hating that band.
Are In Flames still around?
And Confessor I thought of two, but it will not happen; Confessor is beyond so many people (that is actually what I heard from several Saturday). There is nothing like Confessor and never will be. I dare suggest that some even try to get into that band and still can't full grasp it. Confessor will forever remain what they are, and where they are.

WOW!:OMG: ok this is something I would have never thought of ever hearing mentioned here or ever again in my life. I saw these guys a couple of times in the early 90s. I was in this short ska period.:lol: I was just telling Jamie about this the other day, and seeing The Toasters, Specials, Dance Hall Crasher and others I can't remember.

LOL - I was in high school in the early 90s.
Of course I went thru a Ska Period!!!

The Toasters were always great live.

I remember seeing Skankin Pickle with 7 Seconds @ the Metro.

I mean, they have a song about DeGrassi Jr High!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the reason why I don't give a crap about VOLBEAT is because I listened to Social Distortion and Dropkick Murphys in their hey day. The sound isn't new or fresh to me. I have heard enough of them to admit they are a good band and are good at what they do. Just not something for me given what I primarily listen to these days .

I think the reason why I don't give a crap about VOLBEAT is because I listened to Social Distortion and Dropkick Murphys in their hey day. The sound isn't new or fresh to me. I have heard enough of them to admit they are a good band and are good at what they do. Just not something for me given what I primarily listen to these days .

new and fresh, come on this is a metal forum and on top of that it is mostly more traditional based metal discussed here, nothing "new and fresh" there for sure. I don't think Volbeat are trying to sound like Social D as much as most metal bands who merely pick a classic name out of a hat and try to sound like that. So the argument of "new and fresh" just seems ironic in this forum... oh ok you are being ironic, now you are hip, sure you aren't a Volbeat fan?:lol:
Does Social D and Dropkick Murphys tell you not to listen to Volbeat? You kind of made it sound that way. Damn if everyone thought like you then Social Distortion would properly not be around; aren't they basically Elvis, Billy Crash, Johnny Cash? You and I would have never heard of them if most people had that same way of thinking.

Yeah and maybe if they wrote their logo so you couldn't read it, you'd stop defending them so hard.

Volbeat are not cool enough for an illegible logo. I'm sure they thought about until it was suggested that they might want to sell records and gain fans, so then they decided not to go with one of the stupidest marketing ideas a band could ever come up with.

But yep you're right.

Does Social D and Dropkick Murphys tell you not to listen to Volbeat? You kind of made it sound that way. Damn if everyone thought like you then Social Distortion would properly not be around; aren't they basically Elvis, Billy Crash, Johnny Cash? You and I would have never heard of them if most people had that same way of thinking.

I seriously have no idea what you are trying to say here.........