Bands you like, that refuse to put out an album.

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
Most frustrating thing ever. I've been waiting for Tesseract to put out a proper album and it seems like they record shit to no end. I see no release date on their myspace. I, for the life of me DO NOT GET IT.

Why the fuck bother having a band if you don't have anything to show for it other than your live show?

No offense to Periphery either but I don't think they would have ever put out an album either if they didn't sign to a label. Seemed like their stuff hung out in internet wonderland for ever until they signed. Not that many completed ideas, all awesome but nothing cohesive.

Seriously, put out your album. I will buy it, I will dig it and you will has money. :lol:

Wormed have been working on an album for years and they're supposedly currently finishing it, but they've been doing that for many months now.

Two years ago they wouldn't even sell me a t-shirt, never replied me. Or anyone else for that matter.

agreed. I guess the bands are too busy playing shows and promoting to record anymore than what they need to keep the promotion happening. I suspect once the buzz is up we can expect something epic.

trouble is that there isnt the cash in the biz to take a chance on something so different, yet so totally awesome that it will most definitely take over once its moving full steam.

Gorguts has been taking their sweet time with this new one
i want me some longstreth and marston fuelled insanity, hurry the fuck up gorguts

also periphery hurr hurr
but theyre being fags and releasing it on 4/20 for stoner cred

The trouble is I think Bulb Tess etc have all missed the boat. By now we all know what we are going to get and I fear it will have less fanfare than if they had released something 3 years ago. because3 years ago, if they came out of nowhere with a shrink wrapped product, they would have blown peoples minds.

yeah i guess our minds have already been blown.... but they could have blown our minds in a much bigger way if there were more than 2 good cohesive songs haha

your right, the initial awesomeness has worn off a bit :( I guess they should have kept it a secret. then again who knows, maybe they will go in another direction

Honestly, I think when both the TesseracT and Periphery albums drop later this year, it will re-spark all interest in that kind of music, and will completely blow us away.

The vocals on Periphery add SO much to the music, and we've not heard over half the album with vocals, some of which I think are their best songs (All New Materials anyone?).

With TesseracT... these guys have evolved every step of the way, and with that new singer... Jesus. That Deception song that was released a bit ago is absolutely astounding.

My biggest concern, though, is for their 2nd albums. They've spent years and years perfecting these ones, and we're not going to put up with 4-5 year waits between albums - how quickly can they write quality material?

yeah but jeff think about how much this periphery album would kill if it wasnt all material we dont all know inside out already
like if i ever hear that icarus lives riff again i will scream, not because it sucks, its because ive heard the song millions of times as it is.

The first band I thought off was tesseract :lol: It better be worth is when it comes out though. As for periphery, at least they have a release date.

The trouble is I think Bulb Tess etc have all missed the boat. By now we all know what we are going to get and I fear it will have less fanfare than if they had released something 3 years ago. because3 years ago, if they came out of nowhere with a shrink wrapped product, they would have blown peoples minds.

Thats a actually a good point.

+1 to that. When I first heard Bulb it sounded fucking insane to me, I couldn't get enough of it. Now, I still jam it from time to time, but it's not nearly as crazy to me anymore, I'm so used to hearing it.

I second Toxic Grind Machine.

Hurry up Black and Green Neon Bob in the pants. I need you to finish a cd of the music Fear Factory should be making.